Munis Drop Despite Treasury Gains; Tone Cautious After Price Retreat
- Muni Yields Rise 2 to 5 Basis Points; $109M Frisco, Tex., Certificates Priced. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;6/3/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31648, p2
Municipal bond yields rose between two and five basis points on June 2, 2003, while in moderate new-issue activity, underwriters priced $109 million of Frisco, Texas, combination tax and revenue certificates of obligation. Richard Hoey, chief economist at Dreyfus Corp., said the...
- Letter from the Editor. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;12/28/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32539, Special section p2
The article focuses on the Bond Buyer's Deal of the Year award. The award aims to spotlight and recognize achievements in public finance in the United States. Two finalists were selected from each region of the country covered by the periodical "Bond Buyer." The selection was determined by gross...
- Munis Slightly Weaker as Big Deals Price. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/10/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33331, p2
The article focuses on the market performance of municipal bonds in the U.S. It argues that the market is running into a classical standoff between the buyers and the dealers. It also notes that bonds are subject to make-whole call at Treasuries plus 30 basis points. It adds that bonds mature...
- Munis Weaken, Following Treasuries: Puerto Rico Agency Sells $1.2 Billion. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;6/10/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31902, p2
Reports that the municipal bonds has weakened due to the decline in the Treasury market in the U.S. Impact of the comment of Federal Reserve chairman Alan Greenspan on the weakness of the bonds; Sale of five-year notes; Issuance of new pricing for bonds.
- Salomon outshines its rivals for the third straight year. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;01/03/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30799, p36
Presents news briefs pertaining to the municipal bond market in the United States as of January 3, 2000. Includes the Delaware River and Bay Authority's plan to sell revenue bonds backed by an increase in tolls at the Delaware Memorial Bridge; District of Columbia Housing Finance Agency's sale...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;06/19/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30915, p32
Presents charts and graphs on the municipal bond market in the United States as of June 19, 2000 Short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; Visible supply declines; New-issue balances; Futures market; Municipal bond index.
- Market Post: Miami-Dade Sells Bonds; DASNY Deal Ahead. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;1/7/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34238, p1
The municipal bond market welcomed the first of the week's new supply as Miami-Dade County, Fla., sold three separate general obligation bond deals totaling $398.745 million.
- Market Close: DASNY Deal Done for Retail as Munis Rally. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;1/7/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34238, p1
The municipal bond market welcomed the first of the week's new supply as issuers from New York and Florida came to market with several big deals.
- Munis Unchanged to Slightly Firmer. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;8/22/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32697, p2
The article discusses the performance of the municipal market of the U.S. last August 21, 2007. According to the authors, the municipal market has reflected Treasury market gain considering its being unchanged to slightly firmer during the date. The Treasury market gain was also positive...