Firms Move Markups Suit To U.S. Court
- N.Y. Suues Five in Salomon 'Spinning. Julavits, Robert // American Banker;10/1/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 188, p19
Reports that New York Attorney General Eliot Spitzer's office on Monday September 30, 2002 filed a lawsuit against five executives to recover profit they received from Salmon Smith Barney Inc. resulting due to Initial Profit Offer (IPO) spinning. Names of the executives against those suit was...
- Salomon SB Reads Employees the Book on Lawsuits. Chapelle, Tony // On Wall Street;Aug99, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p14
Reports on the memorandum issued by Solomon Smith Barney regarding the company's policy on employee lawsuits. Issue on the complaints filed by its sales assistant Arleen Doran for additional overtime pay; Significance of the lawsuit; Lawsuits filed against other brokerage firms.
- What Changes With Vanguard As Plaintiff. Julavits, Robert // American Banker;4/28/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 80, p1
Reports on a lawsuit against Citibank Corp. and Salomon Smith Barney Inc., filed by mutual fund company Vanguard Group Inc. Charges made by Vanguard against Citibank; Advantages of filing the case in Pennsylvania to Vanguard; Comments of Citigroup spokesman on the case.
- Spitzer digs for spun gold. Benjamin, Matthew // U.S. News & World Report;10/14/2002, Vol. 133 Issue 14, p48
Reports on the lawsuit involving five former telecom executives and Salomon Smith Barney by New York state attorney general Eliot Spitzer. Accusations in lawsuit; Charge alleged by Spitzer that Salomon taught analysts how to alter earnings forecasts; Alleged involvement of Salomon analyst Jack...
- Solly names Klein and Lawrence to vice-chairmen posts. Copulsky, Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;07/12/99, Vol. 65 Issue 28, p10
Reports promotion of top banking professionals as vice-chairmen of global banking of Solomon Smith Barney Inc. in the United States. Responsibilities of the vice chairmen; Goals to improve investment relationships with equity firms; Development of investment banking program for financial...
- Salomon Cuts Regionals, Citing Margin Pressure. Rieker, Matthias // American Banker;4/8/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 67, p23
Reports on the degradation of regional banking companies in the U.S. by Salomon Smith Barney Inc. in the U.S. Reasons behind the degradation; Banking companies whose shares were deducted by Salomon Smith Barney; Expectations of analyst Keith Horowitz from M&T Bank Corp.
- Salomon Tops Underwriting List. // American Banker;7/1/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 125, p24
Reports the drop in global investment banking fees in the second quarter as of July 1, 2002. How jitters over the economy and corporate accounting scandals contributed to the decline; Underwriter Salomon Smith Barney keeping the top spot in several league table categories; Performances by other...
- Small Banks Team Up to Sell Trust-Preferreds. Andrejczak, Matt // American Banker;09/18/2000 Supplement, Vol. 165, p15A
Reports on the partnerships of small banks in the United States to sell trust-preferred securities. Main selling points for pooled transactions; East West Bancorp and Salomon Smith Barney; Novel funding method for banks.
- Salomon has the year of its life in debt. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/18/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 49, p6
Focuses on the successes achieved by underwriter Salomon Smith Barney in the debt markets in 2000. Number one investment-grade corporate bond underwriter; Dominant top bookrunner in asset-backed securities; Comparison of Salomon's performance with that of its rival banks.