UTAH: To Tap or Not to Tap
- N.Y., Deadlocked on Tobacco Bonds, Mulls Interim Plan. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;3/11/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31590, p3
Reports on possible plans of using multi billion dollar in tobacco bonds to help in budget deficit for fiscal 2003 of New York. Proposal for providing security to multimillion dollar in annual payments under the national tobacco settlement; Reason for increase in budget deficit for the state;...
- Flint, Mich., Fiscal Review Team Says Debt Sale Is Doubtful. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/1/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31377, p50
Reports on the budget deficit of the state government in Michigan. Plan of issuing fiscal stabilization bonds; Disagreement of the city council members on the budget cut; Source of revenue.
- Miami Hopes to Redeem Its Image With $130 Million Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/28/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31395, p37
Reports the strategic plans of Miami to cover up the million budget deficit in Florida. Plans to sell general obligation bonds; Creation of bond program oversight board; Adoption of rules for bond issuance.
- Analysts: Budget May Weaken California Financial Situation. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;9/9/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31467, p40
Reports the incoming budget deficit in California. Approval of the budget for the 2003; Increase on the demand of bond; Plan of the government officials on the issue.
- NORTHEAST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;10/28/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31500, p35
Presents developments related to bonds in the U.S. as of October 28, 2002. Possible shortfall in the current fiscal year due to New York City's budget crisis; Plan of Puerto Rico Municipal Finance Agency to sell multi-million in general obligation bonds on October 29 to convert short-term loans...
- Utah Targets Cuts, Tobacco Money for Gap. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/20/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31537, p3
Reports that legislators in Utah have bridged a multi-million dollar shortfall in the year 2003's budget by using a combination of spending cuts and money from the state's tobacco settlement trust fund. Details of Utah's billion dollar budget; Disadvantages of balancing the state's budget on...
- Belka Resigns, Kolodko Steps In. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe;Aug2002, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p4
Reports the effects of the resignation of finance minister Marek Belka and the replacement by Grzegorz Kolodko on budget deficits in Poland. Increase of budget spending; Revision of the monetary and fiscal policies; Devaluation of the currency.
- OKLAHOMA: Budget Accord Struck. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/2/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33259, p9
The article reports that budget cuts would be implemented on public spendings in Oklahoma in an aim to balance the remaining fiscal 2010 budget.
- Bailouts, overspending push budget deficit to record level. Benko, Anita // Budapest Business Journal;11/4/2002, Vol. 10 Issue 46, p3
Reports Hungary's budget deficit will reach almost nine percent of gross domestic product. Expenditure to bail out state-owned corporations; Impact on the country's planned entry into the European Union.