Nebraska Readies $29 Million of COPs and Short-Term Bonds
- To Boost Supply, San Francisco Going Ahead With COP Sale. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;9/18/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31225, p6
Reports on plans of the city and county of San Francisco in California to move ahead with a competitive sale of certificates of perticipation (COP). Use of proceeds from the sale; Bond ratings for the tax-exempt COPs; Financial advisor for the deal.
- Florida Schools Board Selling $97M Of Capital Improvement COPs. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/7/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31858, p3
Reports that the Palm Beach County, Florida, School Board continues its capital program with the negotiated sale of certificates of participation. Management of the sale by Citigroup Global Markets; Fitch Ratings' rating to the deal; List of underwriters participating in the sale.
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Finestone, Deborah; Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;4/11/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31613, p31
Presents news items related to the U.S. financial services industry, as of April 11, 2003. Plans of Alaska's governor Frank Murkowski to propose for issuance of certificates of participation to build a new seafood safety lab in Anchorage; Closure of a special tax bond sale by the city of Los...
- Results of Negotiated Sales. // Bond Buyer;6/9/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34122, p1
The article lists negotiated sales of General Obligation Warrants, General Obligation Refunding Bonds, Certificates of Participation and 2014 Special Tax Bonds in several U.S. states including California, Alabama and Arizona, as of June 2014.
- Moody's Downgrades Marysville Debt to Junk. Chin, Tonya // Bondbuyer.com;11/25/2014, p28
The article focuses on fall in the ratings of Marysville, California by the advisory firm Moody's Investors Service Inc. from A3 to Baa1. It reports that the drop in the ratings resulted from the failure of a city's ballot initiative to increase its sales tax rate. It also offers information on...
- Defaulted 1992 COPs for California Migrant Workers May Yet Bear Fruit. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;1/16/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31554, p4
Reports that investors of defaulted certificates of participation in 1992 to finance a facility for migrant workers in Arvin, California may recoup some amount of their investments. Company in negotiations for purchasing the facility; Reasons for the failure of the investment project;...
- Tobacco District COPs. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/07/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31694, p29
Reports that Durham, North Carolina will sell multi-million dollars worth of certificates of participation.
- School COPs. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;2/21/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31329, p33
Reports on the plan made by the Palm Beach County School Board in Palm Beach County, Florida to sell certificates of participation to meet needs of its students. Manner in which the certificates will be sold; Insurance of the debt by Financial Security Assurance; Rating given to certificates by...
- Florida District Ready to Roll Out $61M of School COPs. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/24/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31477, p32
Reports the plan of the school district to roll out $61.4 million insured of certificates of participation in Florida. Importance of the proceeds for the elementary schools; Finance needed for the school; Presentation of the general obligation bond rating of the school district.