Standing Tall In Nightmare Of Sept. 11
- A Time to Rebuild. P., Shankar // Business News New Jersey;11/27/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 48, p14
Focuses on the role of the Port Authority for economic revival after the September 11 tragedy. Abundance of financial resources and expertise; Creation of construction jobs and permanent jobs; Reconstruction of the PATH station.
- Industry loses a friend. // JoC Week;9/24/2001, Vol. 2 Issue 38
Reports on the death of Bill Fallon, an official of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey in the terrorist attack on the World Trade Center. Previous position as the port's general manager of strategic analysis and industry relations; Fallon's importance of in the port's program.
- COUNTDOWN. // New York;7/11/2011, Vol. 44 Issue 22, p10
The article provides information on the 3 million U.S. dollars needed by the Port Authority to finish the north-pool waterfall at the 9/11 memorial in New York as the 10th anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks approaches.
- Port Authority Needs $2.4B From FEMA. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;9/24/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31229, p1
Reports the request of Port Authority of New York and New Jersey for a billion dollar capital as result of terrorist attack in the United States. Allocation of anti-terrorism funds; Reimbursement for lost airport revenue; Reconstruction of damaged property.
- Retail Resurgence Slow in Lower Manhattan. Choi, Amy S. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/11/2006, Vol. 192 Issue 53, p36
The article reports on the lack of progress made by retailers in Lower Manhattan, New York since the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is planning to build a below-grade retail at the commuter rail station on the World Trade Center. The Westfield...
- RISING. Collins, Lauren // New Yorker;6/14/2010, Vol. 86 Issue 17, p52
The article discusses the construction work that is being done at One World Trade Center in New York City, which is being overseen by the Port Authority and executive director Chris Ward. The building is designed to be an office building that will stand 104 floors tall. Ward shares his views on...
- Port Authority loses appeal over '93 terrorist bombing. Maull, Samuel // Buffalo Law Journal;5/5/2008, Vol. 80 Issue 36, p15
The article reports on the liability of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey to the 1993 terrorist bombing of the World Trade Center in New York City. According to the Supreme Court, Port Authority is obliged for all the monetary damages appealed by the plaintiffs in the court....
- Lessons learned from World Trade Center tragedy. DUNNING, MATT // Business Insurance;4/28/2014, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p0032
The article discusses the lessons on risk management learned by retail real estate developer Westfield Group after the September 11, 2001 terrorist attack on the World Trade Center in New York. Topics discussed include the total amount invested by Westfield in a 99-year lease agreement with the...
- The Long Road to Rebuilding Lower Manhattan. // Planning;Dec2001, Vol. 67 Issue 12, p4
Reports on the long-term rebuilding plan for lower Manhattan in New York City after the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. Member ogranizations of the rebuilding program; Actions taken by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey; Organization of the civic response; Basic concepts for the...