New Jersey: Once Is Enough
- New Jersey Appeals Court Orders New Trial in School-Finance Case. Foster, Susan G. // Education Week;5/23/1984, Vol. 3 Issue 35, p5
The article reports on the unanimous decision of the three-judge panel of the Appellate Division of New Jersey Superior Court that a lower-court judge erred in his dismissal of a class action challenging the state's school finance law. The panel claimed that the dismissal was based on a...
- African-American judge named in New Jersey. Townes, Glenn // New York Amsterdam News;3/6/2008, Vol. 99 Issue 11, p16
The article announces the appointment of Lisa Thornton as judge of the State Superior Court of the Southern New Jersey District Court.
- Lesbians awarded custody. // Off Our Backs;Mar99, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p9
Details the ruling of New Jersey Superior Court Judge Vincent J. Grasso on the joint custody of a child two lesbians in the state.
- New Jersey appoints Muslim Judge. // Islamic Horizons;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p13
The article announces that Muslim American Sohail Mohammad was appointed by New Jersey Governor Chris Christie as judge to the state Superior Court.
- N.J. court orders city to restore bar's license. // Advocate;6/24/70, Vol. 4 Issue 9, p6
Reports on an order passed by a Superior Court judge in Elizabeth, New Jersey on the city to restore the license of a dance hall, Gene's Tavern.
- NJ's First Indian American Judge Sworn In. // India -- West;8/5/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 37, pA21
The article reports on the swearing-ceremony of New Jersey Superior Court Judge Sohail Mohammed on July 26, 2011.
- Vindictive Ex-Girlfriend Could Face 18 Months in Prison for Facebook "E-Personation.". // Venulex Legal Summaries;2012 Q2, Special section p2
The article reports on the ruling of U.S. Superior Court Judge David Ironson in Morristown, New Jersey to dismiss an indictment of identity theft against Dana Thornton, who created false Facebook page that portrayed her boyfriend, narcotics detective Michael Lasalandra, in an unfavorable light....
- Judge Refuses to Drop Charges Against Former Rutgers Student. // News India Times;09/16/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 37, p7
The article reports on the refusal of Middlesex, New Jersey Superior Court Judge Glenn Berman to dismiss invasion of privacy and bias intimidation charges against former Rutgers University student Dharun Ravi, who was accused of secretly filming and posting online sexual encounter between two men.
- Judge Voids Jersey City Privatization Contract. G.F. // American Libraries;Dec98, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p16
Reports that a New Jersey Superior Court Judge ruled that the Jersey City library board improperly awarded Library Systems and Services Inc. a contract to manage and operate the library. Comments from Judge Arthur D'Italia; Lawsuit filed by the American Federation of State, County, and...