Texas Comptroller Lowers Revenue Estimates for Biennium
- Tex. Comptroller: Threats to Lower Revenue Estimate Not Ultimatum, Just Facts. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;05/07/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31133, p35
Highlights Texas Comptroller Carole Keeton Rylander's call on lawmakers to consider the effects of an economic slowdown as they craft the state's budget for fiscal biennium 2002-2003. Pressure on Legislature to approve bills regarding the way smokeless tobacco and businesses in the state are...
- Texas Comptroller: Surplus Expected. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;07/18/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30934, p5
Focuses on Texas Comptroller Carole Rylander's issuance of a statement dealing with projections of a budget surplus in Texas for the fiscal 2000-2001 biennium. Democrats' criticism over the timing of the news announcement; Boon for Republican Governor George W. Bush's presidential campaign;...
- Rylander: USAA Suit Could Derail Texas Budget. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/9/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31300, p4
Presents views of Texas comptroller Carole Keeton Rylander on lawsuits filed by insurance companies against the state. Imposition of taxes by the state; Law suit filed by USAA Insurance Co.
- Free for All in Texas? // Community College Week;5/27/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 21, p11
Reports the proposal of comptroller Carole Keeton Rylander on the implementation of TexasNextStep program for free college education in Texas. Goals on having the most educated workforce in the nation; Sources of funding for the program; Details on the program.
- Sales tax numbers due Nov. 9. // Fort Worth Business Press;11/9/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 29, p2
Reports that Texas comptroller, Carole Keeton Rylander will release city-by-city sales tax receipts on November 2001.
- Comptroller Carole Keeton Rylander. // Bond Buyer;03/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31089, p34
Profiles Carole Keeton Rylander, comptroller of public accounts in Texas. Views on effective treatment with employees; Career background; Achievements for the Railroad Commission.
- Texas Comptroller Chided By USAA For Tactics In Opposition To Suit To Recoup Tax Overpayments. // Insurance Advocate;1/14/2002, Vol. 113 Issue 2, p14
Reports that Texas comptroller Carole Keeton Rylander opposed the U.S. Automobile Association for its lawsuit seeking to refund taxes which the group contends were paid in error.
- Cautious Estimates Keep Texas on Short List of Trouble-Free States. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;
Reports on the impact of conservative revenue estimates issued by Texas Comptroller Carole Keeton Rylander on economy of Texas. Concerns for the state's 2004 biennium; Possible sale of multibillion dollar debt; Need for financing construction of roads in several colonies.
- Tax holiday Aug. 4-6. Rodda, Kelli // Fort Worth Business Press;07/28/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 14, p4
Announces that Texas Comptroller Carole Keeton Rylander has authorized the second sales tax holiday for August 4-6, 2000. No state or local sales taxes to be charged on most clothing and footwear priced lower than $100; Eligibility for the tax break.