News in Brief: Chicago PMI Up A Little in Dec
- Industrial Production Remains Tepid. // Latin America Monitor: Brazil Monitor;May2012, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p5
The article projects a slight increase in industrial production in Brazil as indicated by a rise in the country's manufacturing purchasing managers index during the first few months of 2012.
- Manufacturing buyers take centre stage. Martindale, Nick // Supply Management;9/16/2010, Vol. 15 Issue 18, p11
The article focuses on the South African Purchasing Managers' Index (PMI) which shows that manufacturing buyers in South Africa can play a major role in maintaining the competitiveness of companies as the economic outlook improves.
- Greek manufacturing PMI rises in August. // Regional Today;9/ 3/2013, p3
The article reports on the increase of purchasing managers' index (PMI) of the manufacturing sector in Greece by 48.7 percent in August 2013 based from the data released by business surveys provider Markit Economics on September 2, 2013.
- Czech manufacturing downturn deepens in December. // Regional Today;01/03/2013, p1
The article reports that a survey conducted by Markit Economics and HSBC Bank shows decline in the seasonally adjusted Purchasing Managers' Index (PMI) for the manafacturing industry in Czech Republic in December 2012.
- Hungary PMI drops below 50 threshold. // Regional Today;01/03/2013, p2
The article focuses on the report of the Hungarian Association of Logistics, Purchasing and Inventory Management (Halpim) showing decline of the seasonally-adjusted Purchasing Managers' Index (PMI) for the manufacturing industry in Hungary in December 2012 to 48.9 from 52.3 in November 2012.
- Downturn in Greece manufacturing continues. // Regional Today;01/03/2013, p2
The article reports on the survey conducted by Markit Economics which shows decline of the Purchasing Managers' Index (PMI) for the manufacturing industry in Greece in November 2012.
- Turkish manufacturing sector improves further in December. // Regional Today;01/03/2013, p2
The article reports on the survey conducted by business survey provider Markit Economics which shows increase in the purchasing managers' index in the manufacturing industry in Turkey in December 2012.
- Greece manufacturing activity rises in April. // Regional Today;5/5/2014, p2
The article reports on the increase in Greece's manufacturing activity for the month of April 2014 as indicated in the seasonally adjusted Purchasing Managers Index (PMI) of Markit Economics, which closed at 51.1 in April 2014 as against the 49.7 points in March 2014.
- Poland PMI growth slows in May. // Regional Today;6/3/2014, p1
The article reports on Polish factory activity which slowed in May 2014 as shown in the HSBC Poland manufacturing PMI index which fell to 50.8 points in April 2014 as a result of the Russian-Ukraine tensions and decrease in new orders, employment and output, according to Markit Economics.