PEOPLE IN THE NEWS
- People in the news... // Book Publishing Report;01/31/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p8
Focuses on executive changes at book publishers, Penguin Putnam and Simon & Schuster. Penguin Putnam's appointment of Louise Burke as president of its New American Library imprint; Simon & Schuster's appointment of Alun Davies as consultant.
- People ... // Educational Marketer;9/6/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 25, p8
Reports on career developments of executives of LaurelTech Integrated Publishing Solutions in the U.S. Collaboration of Michael Hodges with the company as the new president; Addition of Pamela Schoff as senior manager of the firm's production, art, and design department.
- People In The News. // Book Publishing Report;9/6/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 34, p6
Reports on career developments of executives in the book publishing industry in the U.S. Designation of Mark Cummings as vice-president and publisher of reference of Scholastic Library Publishing Inc.; Appointment of Pamela Smith as vice president for sales at Ingram Library Services Inc.
- Changes. // Quill & Quire;Dec2003, Vol. 69 Issue 12, p11
The article presents information about appointments of executives in the book industries and trade in Canada as of December 2003. Trish Kelly has just joined as promotions and publicity coordinator of Asenal Pulp Press. Jennifer Nault is now managing editor of Banff Centre Press. Sarah Schwieger...
- Freese Named to Head PGW. // Publishers Weekly;6/30/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 26, p12
Reports on the selection of Rich Freese as president of Publishers Group West. Responsibilities of Freese as president; Career background of Freese.
- People In The News. // Book Publishing Report;9/13/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 35, p6
Reports on career developments of executives in the book publishing industry in the U.S. Promotion of Suzanne Balaban as vice president and director of publicity at Schribner, a division of the Simon & Schuster Adult Publishing Group; Designation of Gene Brissie as editor in chief at...
- Initiating Change From The Top. Klein, Jeffrey S. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Mar2006, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p50
The article reflects on the role of a chief executive officer in a publishing company. It cites demands being placed on media chief executive officers. It mentions factors that put added pressure on the executive team. It stresses the disadvantages of using the command and control approach to...
- Snapshot/Melanie Rutledge. // Quill & Quire;Dec2003, Vol. 69 Issue 12, p7
Interviews Canada Council for the Arts' writing and publishing section head Melanie Rutledge about his career. First job of Rutledge in the book industries and trade; Achievements of Rutledge; Favorite authors and books of Rutledge.
- Business Imprint from Nelson. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;6/14/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 24, p24
Provides information on the Nelson Business imprint, a new publishing unit created by publisher Thomas Nelson. Reason of Nelson for creating the business imprint; Role of Jonathan Merkh, senior VP and publisher of Nelson Books, in the business imprint; Plans of Nelson for the unit.