Sale Plans Won't Settle HM's Long Term Fate
- Vivendi Universal Begins Integration Of Houghton Mifflin Into Its Fold. // Electronic Education Report;8/15/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 16, p4
Reports on Vivendi Universal's integration of United States publishing house Houghton Mifflin into its wholly owned indirect subsidiary.
- Vivendi Looking for Higher Bids for Houghton Mifflin. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;10/28/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 43, p9
Reports the plan of Vivendi Universal to reopen the bidding process for the sale of its publishing company Houghton Mifflin in Europe and Latin America. Reason for considering the reopening of the disposal process; Consortium that made an offer for all of Vivendi Universal Publishing; Concerns...
- Vivendi Says It Will Sell Houghton After All. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;8/19/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 33, p15
Reports on the plan of Vivendi to sell publisher, Houghton. Reason for the decision; Possible buyers of Houghton; Changes in the management of Houghton.
- Vivendi U books Houghton Mifflin. James, Alison // Variety;06/04/2001, Vol. 383 Issue 3, p6
Deals with the plan of the French publishing company Vivendi Universal to buy Houghton Mifflin, an educational publisher in the United States (U.S.). Impact of the acquisition on the world status of Vivendi as a publisher; Areas of publishing which will be assigned to Agnes Touraine, vice...
- Vivendi, HM Face Uncertain Future. // Publishers Weekly;7/8/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 27, p10
Speculates the business status of publishing company Vivendi and its Houghton Mifflin subsidiary following the resignation of Vivendi chairman Jean-Marie Messier in July 2002. Reason for his resignation; Problems facing Vivendi.
- Changes in Publishing World. // District Administration;Jan2003, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p11
Focuses on the condition of the publishing industry in the U.S. Sale of Houghton Mifflin Co. to reduce the debt incurred by Vivendi Universal SA; Acquisition of Sunburst Technology by Thayer Capital Partners; Allegations faced by Houghton chief executive Jean-Marie Messier.
- Houghton Mifflin's K-12 Q2 Sales up 14.3% As Overall Revenues Rise 13.5%. // Electronic Education Report;08/30/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 17, p7
Announces the increase in the sales of Boston, Massachusetts-based electronic publisher Houghton Mifflin for the second quarter of 2000.
- Introduction. // Publishing: A Leap From Mind To Mind;2003, pix
The article discusses various topics regarding Houghton Mifflin Co. tackled within the book, including a collection of interviews about book publishing, and a chapter on the efforts of the company to prevent a hostile takeover.
- Vivendi Woes Roil Foreign-Dominated Textbook Sphere. Walsh, Mark // Education Week;10/9/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p8
Reports on the sale of a French media company, the educational publisher Houghton Mifflin Co. after its acquisition by Vivendi Universal SA. Reason for the sale of the company; Reason for lesser concern about the foreign ownership of textbook publishers in the United States; Uncertainty over...