The Violence of Curfew
- Mideast time line. Wall, James M. // Christian Century;04/21/99, Vol. 116 Issue 13, p435
Discusses the political condition in Israel. Policy of the government of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu toward the Palestinian Arabs; Decision of Yasir Arafat not to declare a Palestinian state on May 4, 1999; Oppression of the Palestinians in Israel.
- A Chance to Move On. Glick, Caroline B. // Maccabean;Apr2014, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p1
The article reports political and military developments in Israel as of April 2014, including the appointment of Lieutenant General Gabi Ashkenazi as head of the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF), his alleged failure in the 2008 Operation Cast Lead, and mass abuse of power by his aides.
- Gaza op to continue, Netanyahu says, as Palestinians present cease-fire demands. // Jewish Telegraphic Agency: 1922 to present;8/ 4/2014, p1
JERUSALEM (JTA) -- The Israeli army is nearing the end of its tunnels operation, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said, but the Gaza operation is not over.
- Palestinians, Jebusites, and Evangelicals. Wenkel, David // Middle East Quarterly;Summer2007, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p49
The article explores the connections between modern Palestinians and ancient Jebusites. Many Palestinian Arabs claim that they descended from the tribe of the Jebusites who inhabited Israel. According to the author, their connections would trump the Jewish claim by predating it and legitimize...
- Armed Forces And Government Spending. // Israel Defence & Security Report;Q3 2009, p33
The article reports on the performance of government and armed forces spending for both Israel and the Mideast region in 2009. It states that the Israeli government has decided to reduce its mandatory military service to establish a stable defense budget. The move is considered as the first...
- Armed Forces And Government Spending. // Israel Defence & Security Report;Q3 2010, p54
The article offers information on the spending of Israel regarding its Armed Forces and government. It notes that possessing a well trained and well armed military has been the strength of Israel against other countries and that these Armed Forces have been prevailed by the army that owes the...
- Israel launches operation to stop Gaza-based rocket fire. // Jewish Telegraphic Agency: 1922 to present;7/ 7/2014, p1
JERUSALEM (JTA) -- The Israeli government launched an operation aimed at ending rocket fire from the Gaza Strip.
- In Bethlehem, Living in the Shadow of Yet Another Israeli Wall. Abbs, Gemma // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Dec2006, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p47
The article presents information on George, a resident of Bethlehem whose house was acquired by the Israeli Army to use it as an observation post. The house is situated next to Rachel's Tomb, which the Israeli government surrounding with a wall. It is stated that the Israeli soilders blocked the...
- Siren marks start of Israel's Memorial Day. // Jewish Telegraphic Agency: 1922 to present;5/4/2014, p1
JERUSALEM (JTA) - A siren wailed across Israel marking the start of the country's Memorial Day.