BIG TIMES/LITTLE TIMES
- STORIES THAT MAKE A DIFFERENCE. Linsteadt, Sylvia // News from Native California;Fall2011, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p20
The article reviews the exhibition "California Indians: Making a Difference" at The California Museum for History, Women, and the Arts in Sacramento, California which was curated by P. Christiaan Klieger and represents Californian Indian cultures from the past and in the present.
- Pi'Ãªep KÃ¡ru PayÃªem: Long Ago and Today. Brown, Ben // News from Native California;Fall2011, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p35
The article reviews the exhibition of the Karuk tribe titled "Pi'eep Karu Payeem: Long Ago and Today" at the Clarke Historical Museum in Eureka, California from January 2010 through August 2012.
- Karuk Jump Dance Basket. Karr, Steven M. // News from Native California;Spring2006, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p40
The article presents information on the Karuk Jump Dance basket in California. The basket is a significant part of the Jump Dance festival and is used by the Karuk, Hupa and Yurok peoples of northwestern California. Collections of the baskets can be found in various museums such as the Southwest...
- calendar events. // News from Native California;Summer2007, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p45
A calendar of museums and events for California for 2007 is presented which includes the Augustan Society Library & Museum of Native American arts, the Native American Women's Creations Exhibition, and the 6th Annual Gathering of the Lodges.
- AUTRY EXTENDS The Art of Native American Basketry EXHIBIT. // News from Native California;Winter2010/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p8
The article reviews the exhibition "The Art of Native American Basketry" at the Southwest Museum of the American Indian in the Autry National Center in California from November 6, 2009 through May 6, 2012.
- Catalina Buffalo Return to Their Homeland. Hogeland, Kim // News from Native California;Spring2005, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p38
Covers various issues on Indians of North America in California. Result of a study on the effects of the southern Californian climate on bison conducted by the Catalina Island Conservancy; Value of stolen artifacts from the museum of the Cabazon Band of Mission Indians; Information on the art...
- BIG TIMES/LITTLE TIMES. Hogeland, Kim // News from Native California;Summer2004, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p50
Presents an update on issues related to Indians in California as of July 2004. Award received by Daniel Tucker, former vice chairman of the National Indian Gaming Association; Appointment of Hartman Lomawaima as director of the Arizona State Museum; Overview of the art shows hosted by the...
- calendar of events. // News from Native California;Spring2007, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p46
A calendar of events for the state of California related to North American Indian events in 2007 is presented. The hours of admission for the Agua Caliente Cultural Museum are presented. The exhibition "Sing Me Your Story, Dance Me Home: Art and Poetry from Native California" will run through...
- calendar of events. // News from Native California;Spring2009, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p36
A calendar of California Native American events from April 2009 through December 2009 is presented including the exhibit "Bronze and Clay Sculpture by Arturo Singh" at the Pacific Western Traders museum in Folsom, the exhibit "Creating a Legacy: Gifts to the Collection," at the Agua Caliente...