- Honor quilts presented to code talkers. Yurth, Cindy // Navajo Times;10/21/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 42, pA.4
The article focuses on the quilts to be given by the volunteer stitchery group Quilts of Honor to the distinguished and wounded veterans during World War II.
- Tribes support creating Native veteran statue on National Mall. LANDRY, ALYSA // Navajo Times;6/13/2013, Vol. 52 Issue 24, pA-5
The article discusses the support of the Navajo Nation's tribe for the creation of Native veteran statue on the National Mall in Washington, D.C. to memorialize American Indian veterans along with views of Steven Bowers, a Vietnam veteran, for the same.
- Bikers honor veterans this week. DONOVAN, BILL // Navajo Times;5/16/2013, Vol. 52 Issue 20, pA-11
The article reports that some 80 motorcyclists will honor veterans during the 11th annual Navajo-Hopi Honor Run at the Window Rock Veterans' Park in Arizona in May 2013.
- Honoring warriors gourd dance. // Navajo Times;5/16/2013, Vol. 52 Issue 20, pC-2
The article reports on the 4th annual Honoring Our Warriors Gourd Dance that will be held at the Curley residence in Birdsprings, Arizona, May 18, 2013.
- Veterans' housing project finishes first home. YURTH, CINDY // Navajo Times;7/31/2014, Vol. 53 Issue 31, pA-8
The article reports on the completion of the first of 300 homes planned for Navajo veterans in Chinle, Arizona.
- Native veterans remembered. Sexsmith, Pamela // Saskatchewan Sage;Dec2000, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p3
Commemorates the First Nation and MÃ©is veterans during the Remembrance Day service in North Battleford, Saskatchewan. Sponsorship of the Gold Eagle Casino and Battleford Tribal Council of Chiefs on the ceremony; Introduction of the Native Veterans Monument; Tribute for the native veterans.
- Home receives grant. // San Diego Business Journal;8/26/96, Vol. 17 Issue 35, p23
Reports on the provision of funds for a veterans home in Chula Vista, California.
- Ba'hast'lah Chapter celebrates Veterans Day. Begay, Lillie // Navajo Times;12/1/2011, Vol. 50 Issue 48, pC-7
The article discusses the highlights of the 2011 annual Ba'hast'lah Chapter Veterans Day celebration in Twin Lakes, New Mexico featuring the Veterans Day parade.
- Caring hands. // Navajo Times;5/21/2009, Vol. 48 Issue 20, pA2
Several photographs are presented which illustrate Eastern Agency Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) veterans, who are working on a code talker statue, at the VA's Memorial Park in 2009 in Navajo, Arizona.