- Cowabunga! Borden, Mark // Fortune;7/10/2000, Vol. 142 Issue 2, p303
Focuses on the Paskowitz Surf Camp in San Clemente, California. Its founding by Dorian Paskowitz and his succession as head of the camp by his son, Israel; Accommodations in the El Presidente hotel in San Jose del Cabo; Author's experience with the professional surfing instructors.
- Surfing on the Spectrum. Apel, Laura // Exceptional Parent;Apr2007, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p28
The article focuses on Surfer's Healing, a day camp that teaches surfing to children with autism. The camp was created by Israel Paskowitz and his wife Danielle after they found out that surfing calmed their son Isaiah, who was diagnosed with autism. The first camp was in 2000. According to the...
- Introduction. Latta, Frank F. // Indian Summer: Traditional Life Among the Choinumne Indians of C;1993, p19
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one which describes the San Joaquin Valley in California and another which discusses the traditional life of Choinumne Indians in San Joaquin Valley.
- Samoset and Squanto. Tougias, Michael J. // Cobblestone;Sep2001, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p20
Provides information on Samoset and Squanto, the American Indians who served as interpreters and guides for the English Pilgrims in 1621.
- LETTER: The White Man's Way. Anquoe, Kelly B. // Native American Times;4/15/2011, Vol. 17 Issue 15, p5
The article presents a letter that calls for an end to the practice of name-calling and racism, and for Indian people to work for peace within and with others.
- Cases Cited. // Self-Determination: The Other Path for Native Americans;2006, p321
The article lists several court cases in the U.S., including Brendale v. Confederated Tribes & Bands of Yakima Indian Nation, C&L Enterprises Inc. v. Citizen Band Potawatomi Indian Tribe, and California v. Cabazon Band of Mission Indians.
- INDEX. // Sacred Hoop: Recovering the Feminine in American Indian Traditio;1992, p297
A subject index for the book "The Sacred Hoop: Recovering the Feminine in American Indian Traditions," is presented.
- Songs of the people. GOODING, ERIK D. // Notes;Sep1998, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p37
Opinion. Offers a documentary of the recordings of American Indian music during the era of the cassette. Mention of the Great Plains region of the United States and Canada; Inclusions of Plains-style music by non-Plains groups and recordings of Peyote music by Plains groups; Who the non-Plain...
- Snoqualmie Ethnicity: Community and Continuity. Tollefson, Kenneth D.; Abbott, Martin L // American Indian Quarterly;Fall98, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p415
Analyzes the extent to which the American Indians, who are living within the Snoqualmie River drainage system in Washington state, have maintained a sense of identity and community in the presence of severe opposition. Loss of aboriginal villages; Reduction in subsistence resources; Persistent...