Bobby Coy, Jr. (1972-2002)
- Reporter Delves into World of Mumbai Dance Bars. MACSWAN, ANNA // News India Times;11/11/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 45, p15
The article offers on the lives and works of women dancers of Mumbai Dance Bars in India.
- Appendix B: Devadasis and the Anti-Nautch Movement. O'Shea, Janet // At Home in the World: Bharata Natyam on the Global Stage;2007, p173
This section focuses on devadasis and the anti-Nautch movement.
- Appendix C: Revival-Era Dancers at the Music Academy. O'Shea, Janet // At Home in the World: Bharata Natyam on the Global Stage;2007, p175
This section provides information on revival-era dancers at the Madras Music Academy in India.
- Dancing queens. Kassabova, Kapka; Caron, Sarah // Metro (NZ);May2001, Issue 239, p94
Examines the lives of Indian eunuchs called hijras in New Delhi, India. Embodiment of the Krishna principle of sexual ambiguity; Historical background of Indian eunuchs; Work as uninvited dancers and singers at weddings and births; Practice of living in clans organized into hierarchies;...
- Dance of Devotion. // India Today;11/5/2012, p13
The article provides information on Indian dancers who celebrated and flocked pandals for Durga Puja and danced the dandiya through Navratri.
- Dance Like a Woman. // India Today;2/11/2013, p29
The article offers information on Indian dancer Rekha.
- Pushpa Bhuyan. KOTHARI, SUNIL // Sruti;Nov2015, Issue 374, p63
An obituary for Indian dancer Pushpa Bhuyan is presented.
- Sexy at Sixty. // India Today;11/12/2012, p44
The article reveals that Indian dancer and actor Hema Malini is planning to write a book.
- The Rhetoric of Empire: Gender Representations in Portuguese India. Perez, Rosa Maria // Portuguese Studies;2005, Vol. 21, p126
This article show that gender, namely the role played by the dancer, devadasi, provided a powerful tool for Portuguese colonial discourse. The ethnographic analysis of the devadasis that carried out by the author in the Hindu temple of Sri Manguesh in Goa contributes some data for the current...