Tracing Tradition: The Photographs of Andrew Alexander Forbes
- CORRECTION. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/11/2008, Vol. 195 Issue 52, p2
A correction to the article about Andrew Forbes of Jimmy Choo which was published in the March 10, 2008 issue.
- Sounding Off On Spring. Sarkisian-Miller, Nola // FN: Footwear News;6/23/2008, Vol. 64 Issue 24, p21
The article reports on the footwear company executives' plan to introduce new styles in the World Shoe Association (WSA) in the U.S. Corso Como's president Max Harrel, stresses that they will be showing full range of sandals, flats and platforms. Chinese Laundry's sales manager Patti Lauria...
- Optics: The flame lens. Graydon, Oliver // Nature Photonics;Aug2013, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p592
The article presents information on a hot-gas lens called the "flame lens" developed by scientists in South Africa, that has improved optical capabilities, and can be used for focusing ultra-intense laser beams. The flame lens brings light to a sharp focus and has a focusing power four times...
- The Utility of Boredom. // Quill & Quire;Jun2016, Vol. 82 Issue 5, p45
No abstract available.
- STATISTICAL TECHNIQUES FOR MANPOWER PLANNING (Book Review). Gambier, Dominique // Annals of Regional Science;Mar1982, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p112
Reviews the book 'Statistical Techniques for Manpower Planning,' by David J. Bartholomew and Andrew F. Forbes.
- TARYN ROSE EXIT: FIRM'S AGENDA REMAINS INTACT. Niemi, Wayne // FN: Footwear News;3/17/2008, Vol. 64 Issue 10, p6
The article focuses on the impact of the resignation of Taryn Rose from her namesake company. Chief executive officer (CEO) Andrew Forbes said he viewed Rose's departure as a natural progression as the firm moves from a personality-based product, driven by Rose, to a brand-based product. As...
- Host shift triggers cascading effect on ecosystem, research finds. Garvey, Kathy Keatley // Western Farm Press;2/21/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p9
The article focuses on a study conducted by Andrew Forbes, evolutionary ecologists of the University of California in Davis, and his colleagues which says that when the apple maggot shifted hosts from the hawthorn to the apple, that triggered a cascading affect on the ecosystem. The study shows...
- all in the family. Macri, Glynis // National Liquor News;Jun2011, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p28
The article presents family wineries in Australia who continue to keep the business in the family. According to business owner Bill Moularadellis, being a family operated and owned business is hugely significant for Kingston Estate. According to Andrew Forbes, who have taken over a business from...
- Warlords and Muslims in Chinese Central Asia (Book Review). Lee, Robert H.G. // American Historical Review;Dec88, Vol. 93 Issue 5, p1377
Reviews the book 'Warlords and Muslims in Chinese Central Asia: A Political History of Republican Sinkiang, 1911-1949,' by Andrew D.W. Forbes.