Attorneys Laud Judge's Discovery Order in Heritage Case
- Don't Send Cash--The Message Was Not Heeded By The Plaintiff Who Misjudged FedEx's Controls. Rogak, Lawrence N. // Insurance Advocate;4/28/2003, Vol. 114 Issue 16, p14
Presents a court case involving Forman versus Federal Express Corp. Option of both the defendant and the plaintiff for a summary judgement; Specifications of the case; Outline of the court's decision.
- Professional conduct: summary reports. // Accountancy;Sep2006, Vol. 138 Issue 1357, p124
The article presents numerous disciplinary proceedings and briefly summarizes them. Particular focus is given to professional conduct. Committee's whose summary reports are provided include the Insolvency Licensing Committee and the Audit Registration Committee. The article states that full...
- Washington Office Bonds Illegal, Judge Rules; Buyers Find Hope. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/28/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31583, p1
Reports on the decision of an Island County, Washington Superior Court judge to declare the sale of $20 million bonds issued in October 2000 for an office park as illegal. Impact of the decision on investors; Agency that sold bonds; Investors' opinion about the decision.
- Group's Petition Aims to Stop Reno's Track Project. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;5/8/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31382, p5
Reports the lawsuits filed by the Citizens for a Public Train Trench Vote against the state in Reno, Nevada. Opposition on the bond sale for track project; Disruption of train traffic; Plan of filing for declaratory injunction.
- Florida Water Services Hires Law Firm in Dispute Over Utilities' Purchase. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/4/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31505, p39
Reports that the Florida Water Services Authority has hired a law firm to defend its proposed purchase of various privately held water and waste water systems around Florida. Amount of tax-exempt revenue bonds sanctioned by the authority to purchase the system owned by the Florida Water...
- Legal Threat to Oregon's Lottery-Backed Bonds Disappears. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;4/2/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31356, p36
Reports on the dismissal of the lawsuit filed by anti-gambling group against lottery-backed bonds in Oregon. Allegations of the group called Oregonians for Gambling Awareness against the 1984 initiative that created the lottery; Reason for the dismissal of the case; Ratings of the bonds.
- Suit Kills Virginia County Agency's Refunding, Though It May Return. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/1/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31419, p1
Reports the lawsuits filed by residents and taxpayers against the planned refunding of agencies in Loudoun County, Virginia. Cancellation on the lease-revenue bond deal; Details on the initiation of the suit; Rejection on the general obligation bond issue for the government center.
- LAW CASE REVIEW. Keenan, Denis // Accountancy;Sep86, Vol. 98 Issue 1117, p52
Presents review of various law cases in Great Britain as of September 1986. Decision of the High Court regarding the disclosure of debt amount by the debenture holders; Lawsuit regarding the applicability of the principle of caveat emptor; Grant of relief under Part XVII of the Companies Act...
- Tobacco Firm Wants Summary Judgment; MSA Challenged. Alabenese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/3/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31875, p1
Reports on the move of tobacco manufacturer Freedom Holdings Inc. to file a petition asking for a summary judgment in its lawsuit against New York. Possibility for the state to be barred from collecting further payments under the 1998 Master Settlement Agreement (MSA); Request of the company...