N.Y.C. Pulls $850 Million Refunding
- 2000's Loss Could Be 2001's Gain. Maurice, Alex // Bond Buyer;01/02/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31048, p1
Reports on the volume of bond sales in the United States in the fourth quarter of 2000. Impact of higher interest rates on the bond sector; Effects of surging economic growth and a soaring stock market in the U.S.; Projected bond sales in 2001.
- October Sees Huge Surge In Issuance. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/1/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31256, p1
Reports on the increase in long-term bond issuance in the U.S. Total amount of issuance as of October 2001; Influence of lower interest rate on the increase; Response of investors to the plan of the government to suspend 30-year bond issuance.
- Long-Term Volume Up. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/1/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31355, p1
Reports on the increase of long-term bond volume sold in the municipal market for the first quarter of 2002 in the U.S. Result of low interest rates; Strength of refunding volume; Prospect of rising interest rates.
- Swaps in the Spotlight. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/7/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31381, p1
Reports the interest-rate swap in one of the bond sales in New York City. Approval of the grant on certain type of deals; Discussion on th epower given to municipalities to sell variable-rate bond; Amendment on the local finance law.
- Midwest Issuance Up 8.3%, But Lags National Levels. Carvlin, Elizabeth; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/14/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31449, p32
Reports the increasing debt issuance in the U.S. Decline of the interest rates; Decrease of the refunding issues; Reduction of the borrowing levels of the municipalities.
- Under Cloud, Connecticut Hits Market. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;8/19/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31452, p1
Reports the plan of the government in testing the market with general obligation bonds in Connecticut. Need of funds; Effect on the increase of interest rates; Sale of bonds for a variety of projects.
- Higher rates costing county. Shingler, Dan // Crain's Cleveland Business;2/13/95, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the impact of increased short-term interest rates on February 1, 1995 on leveraged SAFE-related bonds of Cuyahoga County in Cleveland, Ohio. Payment of debts on the County's defunct SAFE investment fund; Inadequacy of money collected on interest on the bonds for the payment of debt...
- Interest rates. // Economic Trends (07482922);May98, p6
Presents statistical information on interest rates in the United States. Details on the changes in the yield curve; Information on coupon bonds; Performance of the yield curve in 1997.
- Interest Rates. // Economic Trends (07482922);Jul99, p6
Focuses on the increase in interest rates in the United States. Factors to which many press accounts attributed the change; Ways to get a view of the relation between yield and maturity; Consequence if one plots the bond price against interest rates.