New York City's Finance Team Continues to Take Shape
- THE INSIDER. Engquist, Erik; Massey, Daniel // Crain's New York Business;5/4/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 18, p13
The article offers news briefs in New York City. Finance commissioner Martha Stark has resigned due to her enemies which include the unions that represent the deputy sheriffs and the assessors at the Department of Finance. The city's plan to redevelop Coney Island earns conditional endorsement...
- Attorney General Refuses to Sign Off on Westlake, Tex., Deal, Citing School Angle. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31337, p28
Focuses on issues related to municipal of bonds in Texas. Position of the government officials on the issue; Proposal for the bond issue; Allocation of the proceeds of bond sale to city and the department of public safety.
- New York City Will Refund $800M Next Week. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;10/11/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31490, p30
Reports the sale of fixed-rate general obligation bonds by the officials in New York City.
- After Legal Delays, Oklahoma Sees 4Q Issuance 'Starting to Heat Up'. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;10/21/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31495, p5
Reports on the issuance of bonds by the government officials in Oklahoma. Amount of the bonds; Statement regarding the bond issuance by bond adviser James C. Joseph; Legal delay on the approval of the bond issuance.
- Leadership Support in Fiscal Year 2010. // Public Citizen News;Jan2011, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p12
The article lists the public officers who receive financial leadership support from the U.S. government in fiscal year 2010.
- State, local officials press for changes to financial bailout to aid governments. Brush, Silla // Hill;11/4/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 122, p14
The article reports on the move by the state and local officials to pressure the Washington lawmakers for the changes in the $700 bailout plan to support the publicly funded projects in the U.S.
- HOT ENOUGH FOR YOU? Logan, Andy // New Yorker;8/7/1978, Vol. 54 Issue 25, p60
The article reports on the issues faced by public officials in New York during summertime. In the summer of 1975, the New Yorkers realized the imminent financial ruin for the city unless extraordinary reductions in services were imposed. The summer of 1976 is said to be the more visible turning...
- Funding freeze causes concern. // Nursery World (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);1/13/2014, Vol. 113 Issue 4335, p11
The article focuses on the Â£755 million fund to be shared by the local authorities in Great Britain to provide early learning places for the 40% of two-year-olds from September 2014-2015.
- Seven Secrets Of Family Financial Success For Managers. Tiffany, Gordon // Public Management (00333611);Nov2002, Vol. 84 Issue 10, p10
Focuses on the family financial success for government managers. Achievement of financial security; Need to accept financial uncertainties to help unify the profession of local government managers; Discussion of professional advancement.