- The un-politician a cinch in Texas. // Fort Worth Business Press;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p30
Editorial. Comments on the battle between Hispanic candidates Tony Sanchez and Dan Morales for the right to represent the Democratic party in the November 2002 election for Texas Governor. Political careers of Sanchez and Morales; Platform of government promoted; Supporters of the two candidates.
- Texas Takes Large Step Toward Ethnic Division With Debate. Levin, Marc // Insight on the News;4/1/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p45
Reports on issues tackled during a debate between Texan gubernatorial candidates Dan Morales and Tony Sanchez. Discussion on the importance of multilingualism and the study of the English language; Views on racial relations in the U.S.; Regulations on illegal immigrants.
- Identity Crisis. Cottle, Michelle // New Republic;2/18/2002, Vol. 226 Issue 6, p14
Discusses a primary campaign in Texas for the governor's election between Dan Morales and Tony Sanchez. Features of political campaigns of Morales and Sanchez; Use of negative campaigning against each other; Reference to each other's scandalous past; Effect of the elections on Texas Democrats;...
- Morales' paralysis. Jarboe, Jan // Texas Monthly;Jan94, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p60
Discusses Texas Attorney General Dan Morales' performance in his first term. Indecisive performance; Handling of conflict-of-interest charges against members of his staff; Conflict-of-interest about pending cases; Attempt to block the execution of convicted Houston murderer Gary Graham; Charges...
- Up in smoke. // Business Press;4/5/96, Vol. 8 Issue 49, p7
Reports that Texas Attorney General Dan Morales has filed a multicourt federal lawsuit in the US District Court against the nation's biggest tobacco companies, alleging violation of federal racketeering laws.
- Texas slaps smoking suit on fast feeders. Ruggless, Ron // Nation's Restaurant News;2/28/94, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p1
Reports on Texas Attorney General Dan Morales' deceptive trade practices lawsuits against Burger King Corp., Kentucky Fried Chicken, Long John Silver Inc., McDonald's and Taco Bell Corp. Reaction of the respondents to the suits; Tieup of the suits with the principle of smoking prevention in...
- Dan Morales. Draper, Robert // Texas Monthly;Sep96, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p116
Features Dan Morales as one of `Texas Monthly' magazine's top-twenty Texans of 1996. Earning respect for his role as the Attorney General of Texas; His launching of a $4 billion lawsuit against the tobacco companies in March 1996; Other cases for which Morales has drawn attention; Why he is...
- 'Dime con quien andas, y te dire quien eres' Dubose, Lou // Texas Monthly;Mar2002, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p92
Features Dan Morales, a former Texas attorney general and candidate for governor. Path taken by Morales in his political career; Number of terms served in the state House of Representatives; Flaws of the lawsuit filed by Morales against the tobacco industry; Impetus for his candidacy.
- Former AG now out of prison. // Munday Courier (TX);1/3/2007, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p2
The article states that the, Dan Morales, an attorney general has been released from federal prison in Texarkana.