- Read: This act could change your business. // Transportation & Distribution;Mar2000, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p11
Lists some of the provisions in the Motor Carrier Safety Improvement Act of 1999 of the United States. Establishment of the New Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration; Fund for the Motor Carrier Safety Grant Program; Enforcement and revocation of motor carrier registrations.
- Possible to Probable. Wilner, Frank N. // Traffic World;8/9/99, Vol. 259 Issue 6, p10
Reports on the creation of a stand-alone National Motor Carrier Administration within the Department of Transportation. Details of the Motor Carrier Safety Act of 1999; Increase in the federal funding for truck safety; Response of trucking companies and professional truck drivers. INSETS: Just...
- Colorado Senator Seeks to Expand Rail District's Boundaries. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/22/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31557, p3
Reports on introduction of a legislation that would expand the taxing boundaries for the Regional Transportation District and expedite construction of a multibillion light-rail extension projects in Colorado. Increase in sales tax for RTD; Authorities possessed by RTD; Provisions in the...
- House Approves Extension of TEA-21. Sanches, Humberto // Bond Buyer;9/25/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31727, p1
Reports on the extension of the Transportation Equity Act for the 21st Century in the U.S.
- House, Senate Panels Call for Restoring $4.4B for Transportation. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;2/8/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31321, p4
Reports on a joint legislation proposed by chairmen of the U.S. House and Senate Committees for transportation programs, Don Young and James M. Jeffords that would restore 4.4 billion dollar for transportation. Increase in federal funding for highways through the bills; Comments of Young on...
- Surface Transportation Act stalls in Congress. Hoffmann, P. // Architectural Record;Aug1991, Vol. 179 Issue 8, p26
Summarizes the efforts of the lobbying group called the Livable Communities Coalition. It's urging Congress to reauthorize the Surface Transportation Act. The House and Senate bills address four aspects of transportation and their long-term effects.
- Pedal to metal. // Central New Jersey Business;1/11/95, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p3
Reports that New Jersey's Enhanced Inspection and Maintenance program or ASM 5015, a law to overhaul inspection of vehicles passed, has gained the support of legislature.
- The Senate is expected to vote on a highway bill today. MacLachlan, Suzanne; Mutch, David // Christian Science Monitor;6/20/95, Vol. 87 Issue 143, p2
Reports on the expected voting by the Senate on the highway bill on June 20, 1995. Contents of the bill; Obstacles in its final approval.
- Border trucking issue getting old. Hull, Tim // Inside Tucson Business;7/9/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 16, p4
Comments on the border trucking issue in the U.S. Amendment of the transportation bill; Safety regulations of trucking companies; Standards for trucking company operators.
- Local limo operators embrace revised law. Sodoma, Brian // Las Vegas Business Press;12/16/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 50, p13
Reports the approval of a bill aimed at helping transportation operators to avoid heavy regulatory fees in Nevada. Views of limousine operators on the bill; Discussion between the Transportation Service Authority and state congressional leaders to help change the language of the bill; Impact of...