Moody's to Buy Credit Risk Analyzer KMV for $210 Million
- Moody's to Buy Risk Analysis Firm KMV. // American Banker;2/12/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 29, p2
Reports that Moody's Corp. has agreed to buy KMV LLC. Plan to merge KMV with its risk management services unit.
- Moody's Acquires Amba Investment. Collins, Allison // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;12/16/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 50, p19
The article focuses on investment research and quantitative analytics provider Amba Investment Services was acquired by credit rating agency Moody's Corp., which will see the former operating as part of Moody's Copal Partners.
- Moody's Buys Employee-Owned Research Firm Economy.com. Meyers, Maxwell // Bond Buyer;11/18/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32262, p37
Reports on the acquisition of Economy.com Inc., a provider of economic research and data services, by New York-based Moody's Corp. Business history of Economy.com; Implication of the acquisition for Moody's; Perspectives of municipal investors and analysts on the buyout.
- Moody's Corp. Divides Itself, Creates Non-Ratings Analytics Company. Hanson, Matrhew // Bond Buyer;8/8/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32687, p3
The article reports on the announcement of Moody's Corp., parent of Moody's Investors Service that it would combine its non-ratings business lines into Moody's Analytics in the U.S. According to Moody's managing director Gail Sussman, the reorganization will not affect the groups' operations...
- Is M&A activity good for buyers? // Packaging News;Apr2014, p4
The article presents views of various people on the increasing merger and acquisitions (M&A) in the packaging industry including Nicholas Mockett, head of packaging M&A at the Morgate Capital, Robert Herridge, managing director at Packology and Martin Chamberlain, vice president at Moody's.
- Moody's rates too high with eager investors. Fredrickson, Tom // Crain's New York Business;11/28/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 48, p4
This article reports that recently Moody's Corp., the debt-rating titan, took a step in the diversification direction by buying Economy.com Inc., a forecasting firm, for $27 million. The problem is that it will take an awful lot of such acquisitions for Moody's to qualify as anything other than...
- Market Moves. // Business Insurance;1/9/2012, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p16
The article presents news briefs related to the business insurance industry. Portland, Mained-based workers compensation insurance company Memic Group has announced its decision to acquire Granite Manufacturers Mutual Insurance Co. as a tool to expand its presence in East Coast in 2012....
- Business/Finance:. // CableFAX Daily;8/11/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 155, p3
The article reports on the increase in the bank rating of Moody's Atlantic Broadband as a result of its priority in capital structure and junior capital. Moody's affirmed its corporate family rating. It plans to acquire G-Force, a cable company.
- Moody's Downgrades Neiman Marcus Debt. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/ 8/2013, Vol. 206 Issue 72, p1
The article reports on a credit rating downgraded by debt watchdog Moody's on specialty department store chain Neiman Marcus Group and its financial package that will fund a takeover. The corporate family rating was reduced from B2 to B3. The downgrade acknowledges the possibility that the...