Schumer Pushes Pension Funds As Way to Help N.Y.C. Close Gap
- CFA Proposes Changes To Bankruptcy Code to Protect Lenders from Preference Claims. // Secured Lender;Mar/Apr2008, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p13
The article discusses the changes to the Bankruptcy Code proposed by the Commercial Finance Association (CFA) in 2008. The entry notes the perceived problems with the current preference laws which often penalize financially troubled debtors. In relation to this, the CFA discussed the following...
- Beltway Monitor. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Oct2007, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p28
The article focuses on the issues surrounding the announcement of U.S. Senator Charles Schumer that he would back efforts to boost carried interest taxes to 35% from the 15% treatment the profits normally receive. As Capitol Hill gears up for the carried interest tax hearings in early September...
- Campaign '10 Mood Music. Shaw, Michael // BAGnewsNotes;2/2/2010, p1
A photograph showing U.S. Senator Charles E. Schumer is presented.
- Sen. Schumer - A man in full swing. Mills, Jim // Hill;10/29/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 121, p24
The article profiles Charles Schumer, a Senator in the U.S.
- An equal-opportunity fundraiser, Schumer will 'ask money of anyone'. Cusack, Bob // Hill;11/4/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 122, p4
The article focuses on New York Democratic Senator Charles Schumer who is recognized for his effort as equal-opportunity fundraisers.
- SCHUMER: NEW ROOMIE MUST LOVE COLD CEREAL. Trujillo, Mario // Hill;1/14/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p21
The article reports that U.S. Senator Charles Schumer is seeking a new roommate who has 20 years experience in the U.S. House of Representatives.
- N.Y.'s Schumer Seeks $40B Aid Package for States, Localities. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/23/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31558, p32
Focuses on a multi-billion dollar proposal by New York senator Charles E. Schumer for state and local governments. Co-sponsor of the bill that will provide federal funds to states and local governments; Problems that Schumer's proposal aims to alleviate; Allocation of the funds.
- Windows ruins Schumer's view. // Crain's New York Business;7/30/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 31, p8
Reports on the political activities of Senator Charles Schumer in summer of 2001. Proposals on the creation of office space districts in New York; Disagreement with conservatives in Washington over President Bush's federal judge appointees; Attack on Microsoft Corp.'s XP, the latest version of...
- Senator Schumer: Moderate at home, a liberal in capital. Lipowics, Alice // Crain's New York Business;07/05/99, Vol. 15 Issue 27, p4
Reports on the positions of United States Senator Charles Schumer in various issues. Liberal credentials; In favor of expanded liability lawsuits; Opposition of privatization of Social Security; Supporter of legislation to modernize regulation of financial services; Friend of trial lawyers.