N.J. Governor Reveals Laundry List of Measures to Plug $2.9B Gap
- NEW JERSEY: Spending Freeze? Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;11/12/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31263, p35
Reports on the urge made by prospective governor of New Jersey James McGreevey to acting governor Donald DiFrancesco to implement cost-control measures in order to balance the state's budget gap. Budget gap projected by McGreevey.
- "No, No, No, It Ain't Me, Babe.". Taber, George M. // njbiz;11/17/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 46, p18
Comments on the strategy of Republican candidates for governor against New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey as of November 2003. Failure of the strategy; Approval rating of McGreevey in the poll held at Quinnipiac University; Percentage of poll voters who blamed the governor for the budget...
- Hail James E., Farewell Donald D. Mulroy, Gene J. // Business News New Jersey;1/14/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p14
Editorial. Reports the swearing in of Governor James E. McGreevey, the 51st governor of New Jersey. Occurrence of a celebratory rally in front of the State House; Details of the ascension of McGreevey to the gubernatorial position; Bills of interest to the business community signed into law by...
- James E. McGreevey. // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Dec2001/Jan2002, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p18
Profiles Governor-elect James E. McGreevey of New Jersey. Educational background; Details on his career in politics.
- N.J. Governor-Elect Sees $3.7B Shortfall for Next Two Years. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;11/21/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31270, p6
Focuses on a shortfall in state revenue predicted by the governor of New Jersey James McGreevey. Expected shortfall in billion dollars; Governor's call to legislators regarding spending plans; Budget analysis regarding shortfall in a year.
- TALES FROM A FRAZZLED LIBRARIAN. Trivett, Dan // Library Mosaics;Nov/Dec2003, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p15
Relates the experiences of the author regarding the visit of New Jersey governor James E. McGreevey to their library in Manchester, in relation to the library's summer reading program. Preparations for the visit; Request of the governor to read books to children; Arrival of the children for...
- Time for Some Bipartisanship. // Business News New Jersey;2/18/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p14
Announces the plans of governor James E. McGreevey to reduce the state budget of New Jersey. Reaction of the public to the plans; Responsibilities of a governor; Influence of Democrats in the State Senate.
- Reports of its Demise Greatly Exaggerated. // njbiz;3/3/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p2
Reports on the call of New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey for the elimination of the Business Employment Incentive Program (BEIP). Reason behind the call; Background on the payments made by companies for BEIP; Information on companies with approved BEIP benefits.
- Trade Is His Mission. // njbiz;8/5/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 32, p4
Presents information on the trade mission plans of New Jersey Governor James McGreevey to Israel and other countries in the Middle East, as of August 2002.