Traditions & Transformations
- MARINE'S SEEK HIGHLY-MOBILE, HOSTILE FIRE DETECTION/LOCATION SYSTEM. Haystead, J. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Jul2011, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p15
The article reports on a request for information (RFI) issued by the Marine Corps Warfighting Laboratory (MCWL) to identify vehicle-mounted technology for detecting rocket, artillery and mortar projectiles in flight.
- Dwarf Drones. // Technology Review;Jun2001, Vol. 104 Issue 5, p21
Focuses on the collaboration between the United States Marine Corps Warfighting Laboratory and the U.S. Naval Research Laboratory to deploy miniature unmanned air vehicles. Design specifications of the vehicles; Significance of the effort to field soldiers.
- K-MAX: UAV and IFR. Leland, Wendy // Naval Aviation News;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 81 Issue 6, p14
Relates Kaman Aerospace Corp.'s development of the K-MAX helicopter as an unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV). Contract awarded to the firm by the United States Marine Corps' Warfighting Laboratory; Prototype remote piloting package to be developed by the firm; Demonstration that will examine the...
- MARINES GO BACK TO THE AMPHIBIOUS FUTURE. Cacas, Max // Signal;May2012, Vol. 66 Issue 9, p40
The article discusses efforts being done by the U.S. Marine Corps (USMC) to improve its core competencies in areas including amphibious operations, crisis response, and forward presence in the sea. It describes the Limited Objective Exercise 1 (LOE-1) conducted by the Marine Corps Warfighting...
- USMC Prepares For Cargo Drone Downselect As Services Eye Next-Gen Model. Malenic, Marina // Defense Daily;2/4/2010, Vol. 245 Issue 22, p2
The article reports on the preparation of the U.S. Marine Corps in selecting a modern unmanned aerial system (UAS) for dragging equipment to guide troops and officials. According to Marine Lieutenant Colonel Brad Beach, assessment has been made in the Marine Corps Warfighting Laboratory. It...
- Marine Corps Warfighting Lab Proves that Prototyping, Experimenting Worth the Investment. Eckstein, Megan // Defense Daily;9/23/2014, p1
The Pentagon is promoting the benefits of prototyping in its newest acquisition excellence concept, Better Buying Power 3.0. In tight budget times, Assistant Secretary ofÂ…
- U.S. Marines test unmanned cargo-ferrying copters. // High Performance Composites;May2010, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p27
The article reports on composite-airframed unmanned aerial vehicles tested by Marine Corps Warfighting Laboratory's Immediate Cargo Unmanned Aircraft System project team, namely, the Kaman Aerospace K-MAX Burro and The Boeing Company's A160T Hummingbird.
- Distributed Ops. KREISHER, OTTO // Sea Power;Sep2014, Vol. 57 Issue 7, p14
The article discusses the U.S. Marine Corps Warfighting Laboratory's Advanced Warfighting Experiment in which it landed three companies teams going ashore at unconnected locations on two of the Hawaiian islands. Topics include test of integration with special operations command personnel in...
- Use RIMPAC for Future Naval Force Development. Goulding, Vincent J. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Nov2010, Vol. 136 Issue 11, p68
The article offers information on the experiment conducted by the U.S. Marine Corps Warfighting Laboratory (MCWL) related to amphibious operations. It states that the experiment was embedded in the Commander Third Fleet's biennial Rim of the Pacific (RIMPAC) multinational exercise which reveals...