Reports From Islamabad: New Stealth Ballistic Missile
- MESAR-2 to undergo tests. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/20/1997, Vol. 147 Issue 16, p79
Reports on the testing of the radar system developed by Siemens Plessey Systems. The MESAR-2; Radar to track ballistic missiles; Technology developed with Great Britain's Ministry of Defense; Interest of the US Ballistic Missile Defense Organization.
- Pos Arrow. Grad, Paul // Position Magazine;Feb/Mar2011, Issue 51, p45
The article reports on the emergence of several technological advances specifically on making a comprehensive missile defence system among allied countries including Australia, U.S., Russia and France. It mentions that they have proposed a missile defence system that is intended to intercept and...
- U.S., Israel disagree over effectiveness of Iron Dome rocket defense. // Geo-Strategy Direct;3/21/2012, p12
The article focuses on the different assessment of the U.S. and Israel regarding the effectiveness of the Iron Dome rocket defense. It states that the U.S. reported not more than 75 percent interception rate of the rocket defense compared with the 90 percent interception rate of Israel. It...
- What if by sea? Samson, Victoria // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Mar/Apr2006, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p30
The article provides information on an Asymmetric Warfare Initiative, which will provide funding for an analysis of the asymmetric missile threat, that the U.S. Congress included in the 2006 defense appropriations bill. Furthermore, the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) officials are asked to...
- BMD FROM THE SEA. Nitschke, Stefan // Naval Forces;2010, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p58
The article offers information on the use of ballistic missile defense (BMD) in maritime warfare. It notes that sea BMD needs improvised shipboard detectors such as phased array radars (PAR) to function. It states that short-range ballistic missile (SRBM) and medium-range ballistic missiles...
- Bel radar detector. // Cycle World;May98, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p108
Features Bel-Tronics' BEL 945iM radar detector. Application in motorcycles; Principle of operation; Contact information; Price.
- Radar mounts low-cost rear guard. // Professional Engineering;05/27/98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p44
States that the ultrasonic system that was use to warn drivers of impending reversing collisions is being used as a radar detection system. Development and manufacture of the systems; Comparison of the cost of ultrasonics to radar system; Name of the system; Features of the system.
- How to make your car invisible to radar and laser...legally! // Popular Electronics;Feb97, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p15
Introduces the `Phazer,' a device guaranteed to make a car electronically invisible to speed traps. Effect of combining a passive radar scrambler with an active laser scrambler to an automobile; How the radar component works; What does the Phazer reflects; Advantages of using the Phazer in the car.
- Raytheon Delivers First SeaVue XMC Radar to CBP. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;6/22/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 13, p10
The article announces Ratheon's (RTN) delivery to the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) of the first of three Seavue expanded mission capability (XMC) radars in a record six months time.