EB Awarded Design Contract for SSGN Conversion Program
- SSGN Conversions Set for October Start. Burgess, Richard R. // Sea Power;Jul2002, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p30
Discusses the plan of the U.S. Navy to convert several Trident ballistic missile submarines into nuclear-powered guided-missile submarines (SSGN). Management and appropriations for the SSGN conversion program; Use of the Multiple All-Up-Round Canister concept in the missile-launch tubes ion...
- Neither Lapped nor Gapped. // Time;2/22/1960, Vol. 75 Issue 8, p16
The article reports on instances proving that the U.S. is still far ahead in the arms race. It cites the announcement of the Army that a Hawk antiaircraft missile successfully intercepted a supersonic Honest John ballistic missile over White Sands, New Mexico. Moreover, the nuclear submarine...
- Electric Boat Gets New Navy Contracts. // Welding Journal;Jun2004, Vol. 83 Issue 6, p30
Reports on Electric Boat Corp.'s receipt of an order from the U.S. Navy to convert the USS Michigan and the USS Florida submarines to accommodate tactical strike and special-operations support.
- The future of the "star wars" missile defense system. Hanson, Cynthia; McLaughlin, Abraham // Christian Science Monitor;8/4/95, Vol. 87 Issue 175, p2
Reports the debate in US over the future of star wars missile defense system announced in military budget.
- Mythical missile-shield benefits. Trivedi, Atman // Christian Science Monitor;1/25/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 43, p11
Contends that the United States plan to deploy a national missile defense system will be costly, technologically difficult and could impair relation with Russia and China.
- The return of the jedi? // U.S. News & World Report;4/1/96, Vol. 120 Issue 13, p29
Presents the pros and cons of a national missile defense (NMD) system proposed by Republican leaders in early 1996. Comparison to Ronald Reagan's Strategic Defense Initiative; Pros including the proliferation of missile technology and how missile defense is technologically feasible and...
- Republicans push for missile defense. // Human Events;4/12/96, Vol. 52 Issue 14, p4
Reports that the Senate and House Republicans are planning to make ballistic missile defense a key issue in the 1996 presidential elections. Fundamental responsibility of the government; Proposed Defend America Act of 1996.
- Anti-ballistic missile defense should be top U.S. priority. Quayle, Dan // Human Events;3/7/97, Vol. 53 Issue 9, p19
Argues in favor of building a defense in the United States against ballistic missiles. Former President Ronald Reagan's advocacy of an anti-ballistic missile defense system through his Strategic Defense Initiative; Call on US President Bill Clinton to make anti-ballistic missile defense a top...
- Thaad program future tied to test results. Dornheim, Michael A. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;3/3/1997, Vol. 146 Issue 9, p64
Part II. Reports on the Ballistic Missile Defense Organization funded theater high altitude area defense (Thaad) missile defense program. Glitches and setbacks; The work of Lockheed Martin in developing Thaad; Designed effectiveness; How Thaad works; The need for long range radar; The...