THE INDUSTRIAL BASE
- ABOUT THE NAVAL ORDER. Felger, Daniel G. // Naval History;Jun2006, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p60
The article presents information on the Naval Order of the U.S. The mission of the Naval Order of the U.S. is to preserve, promote, and celebrate the history and heritage of its component sea services: the Navy, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, Merchant Marine, and Public Health Service. The Naval...
- SEAPOWER/RESERVES. Prina, L. Edgar // Sea Power;Jan2002, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p269
Provides information on the duties of the United States (U.S.) military reserves. U.S. Naval Reserve Force; U.S. Marine Forces Reserve; U.S. Coast Guard Reserve.
- NAVY, MARINE CORPS, COAST GUARD, PHS, NOAA CORPS. // Officer;Dec99, Vol. 75 Issue 11, p51
Focuses on developments related to the United States Navy, Marine Corps and Coast Guard, current as of December 1999. Evening reception at the 1999 Naval Reserve Flag Officer Conference; Review of legislation passed in the first session of the 106th Congress.
- IMPLEMENTING THE SEAPOWER STRATEGY. Hughes Jr., Wayne P. // Naval War College Review;Spring2008, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p47
The article discusses the need for collaboration among the U.S. Navy, Marine Corps., and Coast Guard for the effective implementation of U.S. naval strategy. Objectives of that strategy are outlined, and examples given. The author provides historical perspectives dating from World War II that...
- Changes In U.S. Naval Forces. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;May2000, Vol. 126 Issue 5, p178
Presents detailed lists of United States (US) Navy and Coast Guard vessel changes and US Navy and Marine Corps aviation changes in year 1999. Ships recommissioned; Decommissionings; Nuclear-powered surface ships and submarines being disposed of through the Navy's recycling program; Aircraft...
- The "new" Arctic -- the Military Dimension. Hilde, Paal Sigurd // Journal of Military & Strategic Studies;2013, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p130
The article presents information on concrete military investments and reforms made in the Arctic region. The U.S. military started taking interest in the Arctic since the mid-2000s, and in October 2007, the new joint U.S. maritime strategy for the U.S. Navy, the U.S. Coast Guard and the U.S....
- Keeping Afloat. WITTMAN, AMY L. // Sea Power;Nov2013, Vol. 56 Issue 11, p4
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various articles within the issue related to the U.S. Navy, Marine Corps and Coast Guard.
- DEFENSE: Navy to Celebrate 100 Years of Aviation Feb. 12. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;2/7/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p1
The article reports on the move of the U.S. Navy to celebrate its 100 years of naval aviation on February 2, 2011 in San Diego, California. As part of the celebration is the move of Naval Air Station North Island to hold a free open house with ship tours, aircraft and auto displays, live music...
- Digitizing Proceedings. Stavridis, Admiral James G. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;May2014, Vol. 140 Issue 5, p10
The article offers information on the digitization of the journal, with all the digital files being converted to word-searchable files. With the electronic preservation of the journal issues, the U.S. Naval Institute members will be able to smoothly access the content, search it, and use it....