Hagee Confirmed as USMC Commandant
- A MESSAGE FROM THE COMMANDANT OF THE MARINE CORPS. // Marines;Winter2003 Special Issue, preceding p1
Presents an excerpt from a testimony by General Michael W. Hagee, commandant of the U.S. Marine Corps, delivered before the Senate Armed Services Committee on February 10, 2004.
- Top Recruiter Is Senior Ranking Active Black Marine. // Jet;11/14/2005, Vol. 108 Issue 20, p24
This article presents information about Walter E. Gaskin, commanding general of the U.S. Marine Corps Recruiting Command. Gaskin was recently promoted to the rank of Major General and is the senior-ranking active-duty African-American Marine. Marine Corps Commandant Michael W. Hagee says that...
- THE LITTLE RADIO THAT COULD. Seffers, George I. // Signal;Nov2011, Vol. 66 Issue 3, p31
The article focuses on the use of AN/PRC-117G radio, referred as 117Golf by warfighters, which provides wireless, high-bandwidth communications, enables applications such as streaming video, and connectivity to secure networks to military troops in Afghanistan. James Robinson of the U.S. Marine...
- To Lead and to Serve. Brill Jr., Arthur P. // Sea Power;Feb2003, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p18
Highlights of the Marine Corps and Naval Academy ceremony festivities in the U.S. Views of Marine commandant Michael W. Hagee on Navy and Marine partnership; Role of Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld on wintertime ceremony; Leadership of Hagee on fighting global war against terrorism.
- Countering IEDs Continues To Be A Challenge For Marines In Iraq. Fein, Geoff // Defense Daily;11/8/2005, Vol. 228 Issue 23, p1
The article focuses on the challenge of detecting and disarming improvised explosive devices (IED), faced by the U.S. Marines in Iraq in 2005. The Marine Corps and Army have joined forces to come up with solutions to countering IED. According to General Michael Hagee, they are looking at...
- MARINE CORPS. // Sea Power;Jan2004, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p165
Presents a list of government executives of the Marine Corps in the U.S. Peter Pace, Vice Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff; Michael W. Hagee, Commandant of the Marine Corps; Carl B. Jensen, deputy Director for Operations, national Military Commander Center, Joint Staff.
- U.S. Marine Corps. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;May2004, Vol. 130 Issue 5, p143
The article presents photographs of the U.S. Marine Corps officers. Peter Pace is the Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Michael W. Hagee is the Commandant of the Marine Corps. William L. Nyland is the Assistant Commandant of the Marine Corps. Garry L. Parks Deputy is the Commandant,...
- Marine Corps Commandant Hagee: Projecting Power Faster, Better. // Sea Power;Nov2003, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p25
Interviews Michael W. Hagee, commandant of the U.S. Marine Corps. Changes in store for the Marine Corps; Problems in getting access during Operation Iraqi Freedom; Need of Marine Corps for several platforms in order to quickly project sustainable combat power ashore; Lessons learned by the...
- Pivotal Changes. // Sea Power;Mar2005, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p34
Interviews General Michael W. Hagee, commandant of the Marine Corps., regarding the plan of the Marines to bolster its force, foster its intelligence sharing and improves the reach of its aviation units. Insights of Hagee on the impact of the budget cuts on the operational capability of the...