REPORT ON A FORMATIVE EVALUATION CONDUCTED FOR THE YOUTH AGAINST TOBACCO COUNTER MARKETING CAMPAIGN
- Internet gives teenagers easy access to cigarette purchase. // Nursing Standard;6/9/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 39, p10
Discusses an abstract of the study "Availability of tobacco to youth via the internet," by J.A. Jensen and colleagues, published in a 2004 issue of the "Journal of the American Medical Association."
- Smoking mothers and snuffing fathers: behavioural influences on youth tobacco use in a Swedish cohort. Rosendahl, K.I.; Galanti, M.R.; Gilljam, H.; Ahlbom, A. // Tobacco Control;Mar2003, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p74
Objective: To analyse the influences of parental use of cigarettes and snus (the Swedish variety of smokeless tobacco) on offspring's behaviour. Design: Prospective cohort study. Setting: The Stockholm County of Sweden. Subjects: 2232 adolescents recruited in the fifth grade (mean age 11.6...
- Criminal smokers (Netherlands). Collier, Roger // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;4/16/2013, Vol. 185 Issue 7, pE285
The article reports that the store owners are proposing the government of the Netherlands to make it a criminal offence for youths who are below 16 year in age and possess tobacco products.
- Associations Between Tobacco Marketing and Use Among Urban Youth in India. Arora, Monika; Reddy, K. Srinath; Stigler, Melissa H.; Perry, Cheryl L. // American Journal of Health Behavior;May/Jun2008, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p283
Objectives To study if receptivity and exposure to tobacco marketing are correlated with tobacco use and psychosocial risk factors for tobacco use among a sample of urban Indian youth. Methods Analysis of cross-sectional survey data from Project MYTRI, a group randomized intervention trial, in...
- New Study: Tobacco Use in the LGBTQ Youth. // Erie Gay News;Oct2010, p7
The article reports on the release of the results of a study sponsored by the National Youth Advocates Coalition (NYAC) on tobacco use among the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning (LBTQ) youth.
- Which Adults Do Underaged Youth Ask for Cigarettes? Ribisl, Kurt M.; Norman, Gregory J.; Howard-Pitney, Beth; Howard, Kim Ammann // American Journal of Public Health;Oct99, Vol. 89 Issue 10, p1561
Objectives. This study identified adults' demographic and smoking behavior characteristics that are related to being asked to provide tobacco to a minor. Methods. Telephone interviews were conducted with 6352 California adults. Predictors included age, sex, household income, and smoking status....
- Smoking in Scottish youths: personal income, parental social class and the cost of smoking. West, Patrick; Sweeting, Helen; Young, Robert // Tobacco Control;Oct2007, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p329
Objective: To examine the relation of young people's personal income and parental social class with smoking from early to mid adolescence. Design: Longitudinal, school based, study of a cohort of 2586 eleven year-olds followed up at ages 13 and 15. Setting: West of Scotland. Participants: 93%...
- PREVALENCIA Y FACTORES ASOCIADOS AL CONSUMO DE TABACO EN ADOLESCENTES DE UNA PREPARTORIA DE GUADALAJARA, JALISO, MÃ‰XICO. Nuño-Gutiérrez; Alvarez-Nemegyei, José; Madrigal-de León, Eduardo; Rasmussen-Cruz, Bettylú // Salud Mental;oct2005, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p64
The prevalence of tobacco use among students is apparently higher than in the general population. Several studies carried out in school population have found an increasing tendency in tobacco consumption, proportionally higher in women, which allows to identify similar consumption patterns in...
- Prevalence of Tobacco Use Among the Children in the Age Group of 13-15 Years in Sikkim After 5 Years of Prohibitory Legislation. Majra, J. P.; Basnet, Junita // Indian Journal of Community Medicine;Apr2008, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p124
The article discusses a study which examines the prevalence of tobacco use among children aged 13 to 15 years in Sikkim, India after the 5-year implementation of the Cigarettes and Other Tobacco Products Bill 2001. It says that more than 84% of the total 8000 responding students were aware about...