Indexes Mostly Up Amid Fed Cut, Treasury Volatility
- Bond Buyer's Yield Indexes All Lower as Fed Cuts Interest Rates. O'Connor, Jeanine // Bond Buyer;10/9/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31239, p37
Reports on decline in the U.S. yield indexes due to reduction in interest rates of the Federal Open Market Committee. Expected decline in jobs outside farm payroll jobs; Loss in farm and non-farm payroll jobs; Decline in general obligations yields.
- Market Will Focus On FOMC, Jobs Data. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;01/30/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31066, p2
Reports on the focus of bond market participants on the meeting of the United States Federal Open Market Committee and jobs data. Effects of interest rate cuts on the bond market; Release of economic indicator data.
- Munis Slightly Weaker After Run of Firmness. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;9/27/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33389, p2
The article presents the statements from the Federal Open Market Committee that the municipal market was showing slight weakness despite light secondary trading activity in the U.S.
- Muni Yields Steady as Market Awaits New Issuance, FOMC Meeting. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;9/15/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34377, p1
The first of the week's new issues came to market on Monday, as a competitive deal from a school district in Kansas got the action started ahead of some of the larger negotiated deals, which will be pricing on Wednesday.
- Money Market Funds Surge Following FOMC Rate Cut. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;2/1/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32807, p33
The article reports that U.S. Federal Open Market Committee has revealed inflows of $939.5 million in the tax-free money market funds for the week ending January 29, 2008. The Money Fund Report shows that the strong inflow activity has contributed to the total assets under management among 550...
- Not So Fast: High-Frequency Financial Data for Macroeconomic Event Studies. Ozdagli, Ali K. // Research Review;Jul-Dec2013, Issue 20, p63
The article tests the assumption of high-frequency (intraday) event studies that the market quickly incorporates the information from announcements into asset prices. It discusses the reliability of high-frequency event studies by examining the reaction of asset prices to monetary policy...
- Interest Rates. // Economic Trends (07482922);Jun99, p6
Reports on the impact of the directive adopted by the United States Federal Open Market Committee on interest rate in May 1999. Factors which lead to the increase in interest rate since the turn of 1999; Effect of the directive on the bond markets.
- Munis Unchanged as FOMC Lowers Funds Rate. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/1/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32869, p2
The article reports on the unchanged municipal market of the U.S. since the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) lowered the funds rate target 25 basis points to 2%. According to FOMC, the substantial easing of monetary policy should help promote moderate growth over time. Moreover, Banc of...
- Nearly All Bond Buyer Indexes Show Sizeable Declines. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/19/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33027, p7
The article reports on the financial performance of bond buyer indexes in the U.S. in December 2008. It states that after several weeks of continuously rising yields, nearly all bond indexes in the municipal market showed sizeable declines. It emphasizes that the decline follows after the...