NEVADA: Tax Overhaul?
- Tax Policy and the Economy. // NBER Reporter;Winter2001/2002, p16
Presents information on papers discussed at the Sixteenth Annual Conference on Tax Policy and the Economy held by members of the National Bureau of Economic Research, on October 30, 2001. 'The Economic Effects of Means-Tested Transfer Programs,' by Robert Moffitt; 'Defined Contribution...
- Diary. // Money Management;5/27/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 18, p2
A calendar of events in Australia for June 3-29, 2010 is presented which includes the van Eyk Market Insights Roadshow, the National Seamless Economy Conference, and the Association of Superannuation Funds of Australia (ASFA) Trustee InFocus Seminars.
- From the Editor. // Journal of Accounting, Auditing & Finance;Fall91, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p407
This section provides information on the second conference on tax policy titled U.S. Tax Policy in the 1990s: Staying Competitive in a Global Economy which was held in New York City on November 7 and 8, 1991. This conference was co-sponsored by the Coopers & Lybrand Foundation and the Vincent C....
- Election Year Lull? Not in the Tax World. McDonough, Robert J. // Tax Executive;Jan/Feb2008, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p2
The article discusses the various events and efforts of the U.S. Tax Executives Institute (TEI) in the first part of 2008. It is stated that the efforts of TEI include filing comments on the protocol to the U.S.-Canada tax treaty. Together with Thomson Tax & Accounting, TEI hosted a Web...
- On the sources of macroeconomic stability. Young, Garry // Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin;2008 2nd Quarter, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p174
In September 2007, the Bank of England hosted an international conference on the sources of macroeconomic stability. This article summarises some of the ideas and debates that were raised at the conference. It focuses particularly on the role of monetary policy in fostering macroeconomic...
- A MONETARY SYSTEM FOR THE FUTURE. Cooper, Richard N. // Foreign Affairs;Fall1984, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p166
Highlights the 40th anniversary of the international monetary conference at Bretton Woods, New Hampshire. Improvement of the international monetary system; Citation of fiscal policy action; Discussion of the freedom for national economic policy.
- Macroeconomics without Frontiers. Perri, Fabrizio // Region (10453369);Jun2007, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p5
The article focuses on a conference on macroeconomics held from December 1 to 2, 2007. Sponsored by the Federal Bank of Minneapolis and the University of Minnesota, the event was aimed at consolidating frontier work in macroeconomics. Several papers were presented at the conference, including...
- Monetary Economics. // NBER Reporter;Winter2001/2002, p24
Provides information on papers presented during the 2001 meeting held by the members and guests of the National Bureau of Economic Research's Program on Monetary Economics. 'Nominal Rigidities and the Dynamic Effects of a Shock to Monetary Policy,' by Lawrence J. Christiano, Martin Eichenbaum...
- THE FEDERAL TAX LEGISLATIVE PROCESS. Surrey, Stanley S. // National Tax Journal;Sep79, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p240
Presents an introduction to the two-day program on Federal Tax Policy and the Tax Legislative Process at the Laurence N. Woodworth Memorial Symposium in the U.S.