ALASKA: Vet Care
- `They're bombing Pearl Harbor!' Quiroz, Kelly // Cobblestone;Jan1994, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p6
Recounts the bombing of Pearl Harbor, Hawaii on December 7, 1941 by the Japanese through the eyes of two servicemen who were there. Ray Schultz, a sailor aboard the USS Hull; Schultz's reaction to news of the attack; Lee Weaver, who was attending clerical school on the submarine base.
- Remember Pearl Harbor! // Current Events;11/25/91, Vol. 91 Issue 11, p2a
Describes the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941. Located on Hawaiian island of Oahu; Surprise attack left most of United States Pacific fleet sunk or damaged; President Franklin D. Roosevelt's declaration of war; Japan's attack on Philippines; Highlights of World War II;...
- Pearl Harbor Day commemorated. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/11/95, Vol. 42 Issue 50, p37
Reports on the commemoration of the 54th Anniversary of the bombing of Pearl Harbor. How commemoration took place.
- Pearl Harbor DISASTER. Grant, Debbie // Boys' Quest;Oct/Nov2002, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p12
Discusses the history of the Pearl Harbor disaster in Oahu, Hawaii on December 7, 1941.
- REMEMBERING THE PAST. // Scholastic News -- Senior Edition;12/3/2001, Vol. 70 Issue 12, p2
Announces the 60th anniversary of the World War II attack on the United States naval fleet in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii by Japan.
- Chaos at dawn. Tarshis, L. // Scholastic Update;11/15/91, Vol. 124 Issue 6, p2
Looks back at the Japanese bombing of Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941. Events leading up to the attack; How the raid propelled Japan into a bloody war against the United States; Impact on America's participation in World War II; Decision to use the atomic bomb against the Japanese; How these...
- Who owns the past? Monagle, K. // Scholastic Update;11/15/91, Vol. 124 Issue 6, p7
Compares the ways Japanese and American teenagers learn about Pearl Harbor and World War II. How history tends to be shaped differently by each nation; Negative consequences when nations color the truth of history to put themselves in a more flattering light; Comments from Columbia University...
- Islands in the storm. Reinhold, R. // Scholastic Update;11/15/91, Vol. 124 Issue 6, p16
Explores the conflicts growing between the United States and Japan over the commemoration of the 50th anniversary of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. Existing economic tensions between the two nations; Japanese concerns that the anniversary will be a time for anti-Japanese sentiment;...
- Eyewitness at Pearl Harbor. Hanson-Harding, Alexandra // Junior Scholastic;03/21/97, Vol. 99 Issue 15, p14
Recalls the attack of Pearl Harbor by the Japanese based on the book `Pearl Harbor Child: A Child's Views of Pearl Harbor--from Attack to Peace,' by Dorinda M. Nicholson. Escape of family to cane fields; Rationing of food; Prohibition of use of light after dark; Jubilation of American crowd...