Maryland Moves Ahead With Bridge Project
- Rebuilt Korean span will widen. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;06/22/98, Vol. 240 Issue 25, p13
Reports that South Korea's Seoul Metropolitan government announced the winning bid for a $150-million contract to widen the 1.16-kilometer-long Songsu Bridge with 8,000 tonnes of steel-work. Company who won the contract; Company who halted the plans to remodel the existing structure.
- WILSON LONE BID UNDER SCRUTINY. Ichniowski, Tom // ENR: Engineering News-Record;3/11/2002, Vol. 248 Issue 9, p10
Reports the decision of Maryland legislators to review a bid for a Woodrow Wilson Bridge across the Potomac River. Identification of bidders; Cost of the project; Details on the contract options proposed by the state.
- New Bids for Long-Overdue Bay Bridge Project to Be Opened Today in California. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/22/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32344, p4
The article reports on the opening of bids by Sacramento, California officials for contractors seeking to construct the self-anchored suspension tower San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge. Tolls on all seven state bridges in the Bay Area will rise to four dollars from three dollars in 2007 to...
- Havana Street to get bridge over rail lines. Wilson, Rocky // Journal of Business (10756124);12/23/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 26, pA3
Reports plans to build a twelve million-dollar bridge that would carry Havana Street over the Burlington Northern Santa Fe railroad tracks in Spokane, Washington. Availability of construction bids for the project in 2005; Aim of transportation planners to complete the bridge before starting work...
- CONTRACTOR BETS ON FT. PITT BRIDGE. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;12/24/2001, Vol. 247 Issue 26, p15
Focuses on the conditions facing Trumbull Corp., the low bidder on the reconstruction of the Ft. Pitt Bridge in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Method used in the bidding process; Consequences for failure to meet the project deadline; Advantages of the method.
- Dubai invites Garhoud bridge bids. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/11/2005, Vol. 49 Issue 45, p21
The article reports on the decision of the Municipality of Dubai, United Arab Emirates to launch bids for its bridge project across Garhoud. The project covers the construction of two single-span bridge decks crossing the creek to the east of the existing Garhoud bridge. The new crossing is...
- Minneapolis Bridge Rebuild Draws Fire. Van Hampton, Tudor // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/1/2007, Vol. 259 Issue 12, p10
This article reports on the complaints concerning the design-build procurement methods for the rebuild of the collapsed I-35W bridge in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The complaints were made by two of the four bidders after the highest-priced proposal made the grade as the best value, even though it...
- DUBLIN GETS TWO NEW LANDMARKS. Reina, Peter // ENR: Engineering News-Record;11/13/2000, Vol. 245 Issue 19, p26
Reports on the bidding for two highway bridge projects in Dublin, Ireland. Part of a highway remodeling program; Design of the larger crossing by Calatrava Vallis SA; Project cost estimates.
- Sullivan Road bridge project sent out for rebidding. Ross, Katie // Journal of Business (10756124);7/17/2014, Vol. 29 Issue 15, p29
The article reports that the city government of Spokane Valley in Washington has issued for rebidding the proposed second phase of the Sullivan Road west bridge replacement project.