House OKs Bill to Overhaul Failing Schools
- House members launch ESA working group. // Western Farm Press Exclusive Insight;5/21/2013, p5
The article reports that the U.S. House of Representatives has created the Endangered Species Act (ESA) Working Group to study how the act will be updated and will benefit people and species. The working group will be led by the House Natural Resources Committee chairman and Western Caucus...
- Antibusing Compromise. // Time;6/19/1972, Vol. 99 Issue 25, p20
The article focuses on the antibusing compromise passed by the U.S. House of Representatives which will delay the implementation of any lower-court orders to transfer students until higher court appeals have been settled. It mentions the educational provision of the bill which authorizes the use...
- Financial service compromise bill receives mixed reviews. Leff, Michelle R. // LAN: Life Association News;Apr98, Vol. 93 Issue 4, p30
Presents information on the reaction being given to the United States House financial services reform compromise bill. Views for and against the bill; When the bill will be voted on; Details on the important points of the bill.
- Concessions reform approved by House. // National Parks;Sep/Oct94, Vol. 68 Issue 9/10, p11
Reports that the House of Representatives passed the Concessions Policy Reform Act in July 1994. Provisions of the Act; Defeat of an amendment which was opposed by the NPCA.
- The Month in Congress. // Congressional Digest;Nov94, Vol. 73 Issue 11, p257
Presents information on some of the key measures considered by the US Congress during the months of August, September and October 1994. Violent crime control; Child nutrition; Interstate banking and branching; Immigration and nationality amendments.
- Top Targets on the Hill. Friel, Brian // National Journal;5/16/2009, p21
This section presents a list of proposed legislation in the U.S. House of Representatives as of May 2009.
- Harder road for regulatory bills. Miller, William H. // Industry Week/IW;3/20/95, Vol. 244 Issue 6, p64
Reports on measures on the easy passage of bills in the House of Representatives. Senator John Chafee's opposition to the measures.
- House OKs Ex-Im, partial-birth ban, keeps Davis-Bacon, Senate kills attempt to gut sweeping... // Human Events;10/31/97, Vol. 53 Issue 41, p23
Presents updates on legislation approved by the US Congress as of October 31, 1997. Includes the veto of an amendment affecting property rights included in the Fiscal 1998 Interior Appropriations bill; Votes on the Export-Import Reauthorization bill.
- House Urges Protection For Federal Whistleblowers. // Human Events;08/06/99, Vol. 55 Issue 29, p22
Focuses on the move of the United States (US) House to pass a nonbinding amendment to the US State Department Reauthorization bill. Sponsors of the amendment; Debate on the amendment; Vote on the issue.