Housing: Senators Toss Around Ideas With HUD's Martinez
- HOME OWNERSHIP VOUCHER PROGRAM CATCHES ON. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Nov/Dec2003, Vol. 60 Issue 6, p13
Reports on the participation of housing authorities in the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development's Housing Choice Vouchers Homeownership Program. Terms and condition of the program; Qualification of the vouchers applicants; Several parts of the application process.
- HUD Provides $17.5 Million of Counseling Grants. // National Mortgage News;10/15/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p17
Reports on grants awarded by the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to organizations that provide housing counseling for homeowners and prospective buyers. Work of the HUD with nonprofit groups and the housing industry to increase homeownership across the country;...
- HUD Sets New Homeownership Goals. // Community Banker;Sep2000, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p12
Reports the homeownership goals of the Housing and Urban Development in the United States. Challenges to increase homeownership among Afro-Americans and Hispanics; Efforts to insure mortgages for Afro-American and Hispanic families through the Federal Housing Administration; Assistance from...
- HUD Sets 70% Ownership Goal. Sichelman, Lew // National Mortgage News;09/04/2000, Vol. 24 Issue 50, p1
Reports that the Department of Housing and Urban Development is aiming for a 70% home ownership rate by 2006. Difficulty in attaining the goal according to some observers; Federal government's target of 3.8 million more families to have their own homes; Boost of ownership rate by three...
- Dateline Washington. Coorsh, Richard // Consumers' Research Magazine;Oct94, Vol. 77 Issue 10, p6
Reports on the Department of Housing and Urban Development's (HUD) efforts to develop a plan to push home ownership up to 66 percent of the population without an increase in federal spending. Strategies under consideration.
- The Core Mission at HUD. Martinez, Mel // National Mortgage News;1/21/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 17, p4
Presents an excerpt of the author' speech delivered in December 2001 before the United States Senate Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs. Role of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) in empowering Americans to lift themselves out of poverty; Goal of helping...
- The Benefits Of Home Ownership. // Jet;11/25/2002, Vol. 102 Issue 23, p32
Discusses the benefits of home ownership from a financial perspective. Comparison between the benefits of owning a home versus renting as outlined by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- Cuomo designates home-ownership zone. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;04/16/98, Vol. 89 Issue 16, p4
Reports on the designation of an area in Central/East Harlem In New York City as a home-ownership zone by the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Importance of the HUD grant; Details on the strength of the area; Views of Representative Charles Rangel on the project.
- HUD cuts leaving families in the cold. Cantor, Martin // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);04/16/99, Vol. 46 Issue 16, p71A
Comments on the decision of the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to reduce funding for home ownership counseling. Impact on the Long Island Housing Partnership; Impact on low-income families in Long Island, New York.