New Orleans Allows Referendum on Privatizing Sewer Board
- Voters' voice in S&W contracts may hit snags. Stuart, Stephen // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);2/25/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 36, p5
Reports the referendum that allows voters to make a decision on the water and sewer system contract in New Orleans, Louisiana. Election for public approval process of private contract; List the problems cited by the Bureau of Governmental Research; Impact of the charter change.
- New Orleans may privatize wastewater. Truini, Joe // Waste News;9/30/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p3
Reports the privatization of sewer and water operations in the U.S. Plans of private companies on the creation of sewage treatment and water distribution services; Improvement of sewer and water operations among quasi-governmental agency; Management of water and sewer systems.
- House Proposes Commission to Study Water Availability Issues. Laughlin, James // WaterWorld;May2003, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p3
Reports that the U.S. House of Representatives is considering a measure to create a federal water planning commission to study water availability issues in the United States. Provisions of the 21st Century Water Policy Commission Establishment Act, H.R. 135; Establishment of a seven member...
- Fulton County, Ga., readying Water and Sewer Deal of Over $250M. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/15/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31700, p32
Focuses on the plans of Fulton County, Georgia to sell water and sewer system revenue bonds by the yearend. Ratings of the county's reserves; Potential use of the proceeds from the sale; Prominence of revenue bonds in the county's reserves.
- City responds to concerns about costly developer fees. Orr, Jim // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;12/01/97, Issue 322232, p1
Focuses on the development fee rates in Fresno for the city's water and sewer. Three phrases which could ease the fee burden; Statistical data of the development fees collected in Fresno for the fiscal year 1996-97; Details about the development department of Fresno; Plan on the signing and...
- Application of Plastic Pipe Continues to Grow In Water, Sewer Markets. // Underground Construction;Oct2002, Vol. 57 Issue 10, p45
Focuses on the growth of plastic pipe applications for the water and sewer systems in the U.S. Role of plastic pipes in the rehabilitation of the systems; Properties of the plastic pipes; Emergence of plastic pipe in the water and sanitary sewer markets.
- Texas Cities Eye Favorable Rates For Upcoming Water, Sewer Deals. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/9/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31239, p5
Reports on introduction of water and sewer revenue bond deals in bond market of Texas. Mode of acceptance of the bonds; Rating for revenue bonds; Layout of capital improvement program for water and sewer system.
- TURKEY. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;3/10/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p27
Reports that Cesme-Alacati Union has shortlisted four of five groups that applied to operate the region's water and wastewater system. Groups in contention; Issuance of tender documents on March 15, 2000.
- Union group pushes S&WB re-engineering. Webb, Mary // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);11/25/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 22, p5
Focuses on the privatization of the water system in New Orleans, Louisiana. Amount of the operating budget; Effects of the reengineering of water system in the business industry; Reduction on the level of consumption.