- Proposition 201 and quality of life. // Inside Tucson Business;10/20/97, Vol. 7 Issue 30, p4
Encourages the people of Tucson, Arizona for support on the passage of Proposition 201 on November 4, 1997.
- Proposition 200 spells cronyism. // Inside Tucson Business;10/20/97, Vol. 7 Issue 30, p4
Encourages the people of Tucson, Arizona to refute the passage of Proposition 200. Implications of Proposition 200.
- Opening Space. // Advocate;3/22/78, Issue 237, p5
Introduces the articles published in the March 22, 1978 issue of the gay periodical 'Advocate.' Coverage of the 1978 anti-gay referenda in Wichita and Saint Paul; Legislative bills on legal services for gay people; Gay leadership condition in the U.S.
- Voters take on hot-button issues. // American City & County;Jan2012, Vol. 127 Issue 1, p13
The article reports on referendums conducted in nine U.S. states in November 2011, including laws on collective bargaining, alcohol sales and personhood.
- Senate Panel OKs $35B Water Investment Act by 13-6 Margin. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/20/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31390, p1
Reports the approval of the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee on the proposed Water Investment Act in the U.S. Funds provided for water-related projects; Reaction of the Council of Infrastructure Financing Authorities on the approval of the bill; Development of sewer overflow and...
- A RIVER RUNS THROUGH IT -- THE ECAN ACT: UNDERSTANDING THE NEW PROVISIONS. RENNIE, HAMISH G. // Planning Quarterly;Sep2010, Issue 178, p19
The article discusses aspects of provisions for Canterbury Water Conservation Orders (CWCO) in England and moratoria under the Environment Canterbury Temporary Commissioner and Improved Water Management Act 2010 (the ECan Act) passed on March 30, 2010. It cites the significant changes such as...
- Taking on water. Schwab, Robert // ColoradoBiz;Jul2003, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p7
Emphasizes the importance of Referendum A, a ballot measure that will approve money for water infrastructure projects in Colorado. Water conservation efforts; Impact of drought on the state's agricultural and business economies; Budget to be allocated for water projects.
- A LOSS IN EUGENE. // Advocate;6/28/78, Issue 244, p15
Reports on the repeal of gay rights bill by majority of voters in May 23, 1978 referendum in Eugene, Oregon. Gains for gay people as a result of the repeal campaign.
- Vote to be held on increase for sheep checkoff. // Wallaces Farmer;Jul2012, Vol. 137 Issue 7, p72
The article announces that a special referendum will be held in the summer of 2012 in Iowa for sheep producers to vote on two items concerning a bill signed by Governor Terry Branstad that allows them to increase the state sheep checkoff assessment rate.