S&P Places Nassau on CreditWatch
- S&P reaches out to make connection with Web meeting. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;05/06/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30387, p34
Reports on Standard & Poor's efforts to reach out to municipal bond market professionals in the United States. Internet experiment being conducted by the company; Limitations of broadcasting on the Internet; Availability of the company's information services.
- OHIO: Canton Schools Fall to BBB. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/21/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32591, p9
The article reports that Standard and Poor's Corp. has dropped its rating assigned to Canton City, Ohio School District to BBB from A-minus. The rating reflects the district's structural budget imbalance and expected negative general fund balance for 2007. The measure affects the outstanding...
- OHIO: Carroll Water District Raised. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/30/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32639, p8
The article reports on the upgrade of ratings on Carroll Water and Sewer District's debt to BBB-plus from BBB-minus, by Standard & Poor's Corp in Ohio. The upgrade is in recognition of the system's ability to maintain an improved cash position of at least one times debt service coverage. The...
- Panelists Warn of 'OPEB Tsunami,' Urge Early Liability Disclosure. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;5/5/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32375, p6
The article reports on the views of municipal market experts at a panel on health care and other post-employment benefits (OPEB) during the annual conference of the Federation of Municipal Analysts (NFMA) in May 2006 in Santa Monica, California. Robert Larkins, managing director for Lehman...
- Venezuela: Upgrade Warranted But Longer-Term Risks Abound. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/13/2006, Vol. 11 Issue 42, p16
Reports on the upgrade of sovereign credit rating received by the government of Venezuela from Standard & Poor's in 2006. Reasons behind the upgrade of credit rating; Projections on the bond market of Venezuela; Effect of the U.S.-Venezuelan tension on the economic performance of Venezuela.
- With S&P AAA, San Antonio Readies $179M. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;12/1/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33013, p4
The article reports that San Antonio will issue $179 million of notes and bonds representing the city's last deal in 2008 in Texas. It is said that the city is one of several large issues coming from Texas issuers, including Dallas Independent School District. It is also said that the city will...
- CareGroup Positive. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;8/8/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32191, p33
Reports on the revision of the outlook of Standard & Poor's Corp. to the bond of CareGroup Inc. in the U.S. Role of the success of the company in the move of the rating agency to revise the rating; Observation of the agency of the evolution of the company's operating philosophy.
- S&P Downgrades Puerto Rico to BBB-Minus. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;5/23/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32635, p1
The article reports on the downgrade of Puerto Rico's $8.16 billion of outstanding general obligation debt ratings to BBB-minus from BBB, by Standard & Poor's. The credit rating is one notch above non-investment grade and changed the outlook to stable from negative. According to analyst Horacio...
- MINNESOTA: County Wins AAA From S&P. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/23/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32635, p9
The article reports on the upgrade of ratings on Washington County, Minnesota's general obligation debt to AAA, by Standard & Poor's Corp. The rating agency cited strong fiscal management, solid financial performance, and strategic planning for future growth needs, as factors in the upgrade....