Oh-Oh: Less Than Zero?
- ADP Plans to Divest Broker Service Arm. Hintze, John // Securities Industry News;8/7/2006, Vol. 18 Issue 28, p1
The article reports on the plan of Automatic Data Processing (ADP) to separate from its Roseland, New Jersey parent and operate on the brokerage processing market on its own. $50 million to $700 million is the expected yield of the transaction in the form of a tax-free dividend. Brokerage team...
- Week's Inflows Drop to $1.26 Billion From $5.22 Billion. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;3/28/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32845, p28
The article reports that the tax-free money market funds declined to $1.26 billion from $5.22 billion in the last week of March 2008 in the U.S. It is indicated that the seven-day average yield for the funds declined to 2.04% which decrease 29 basis points from 2.33%. The overall 1,826 money...
- How to Spot a Lousy Investment. REGNIER, PAT // Money;Mar2011, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p62
The article discusses several signs of a bad investment. The author advises shunning investments that are said to be slightly riskier but much more profitable than alternatives. He also says to be wary of investments that seemed aimed at a select group of savvy investors. Investments that charge...
- Is It Worth the Money? KAUSHIK, MANU // Business Today;10/28/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p82
The article discusses various aspects of paying high fees for undergoing management courses in terms of how quickly the education fees is recovered from the annual salary packages got after being placed from the institutions. It refers to lower management courses fee structure offered at Faculty...
- Fleet Signs Millionth Web-Bank Customer . // American Banker;10/31/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 209, p12
Focuses on the signing of the millionth customer on Homelink by the FleetBoston Financial Corp. in the United States. Increase on the online banking service; Benefits of HomeLink; Assessment on the services offered by HomeLink.
- No Bonuses for Fleet's Top Three Execs . Moyer, Liz // American Banker;2/24/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 36, p19
Reports on the denial of bonus for three executives of FleetBoston Financial Corp. Reason for the denial.
- Fleet Eyes Midsize Finance Portfolios. Schmelkin, Alissa // American Banker;4/24/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 78, p20
Reports the plan of FleetBoston Financial Corp. of buying midsize commercial finance portfolios. Creation of imbalance for Fleet in terms of the investment; Link of Fleet with CIT Group; Sale of the CIT Group of Tyco International Ltd.
- MIERELLES RESIGNS FROM FLEETBOSTON TO ENTER BRAZILLIAN POLITICS. Platt, Gordon // Global Finance;Sep2002, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p5
Reports the resignation of global banking president Henrique de Campos Meirelles at FleetBoston Financial in Brazil. Political candidacy of Meirelles; Career history of the executive; Accomplishments in the industry.
- Tax-Free Slide Continues; Yields Drop 5 Basis Points. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;5/19/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32385, p7
The article reports on the decline in the tax-free money market fund returns following the fall in their average weekly yield by five basis points to 2.93% on an annualized basis Monday. Assets in the funds tanked to $349.05 billion during the week due to redemptions from institutions. Assets in...