Houston Council Questions Underwriter Selection for $792M Deal
- Top 25 underwriters in Florida. // Bond Buyer;11/17/97 Supplement Florida, Vol. 322, p34A
Enumerates the top insurance firms in Florida which handled the largest bond underwriting projects according to rankings published in the November 17, 1997 issue of the periodical `The Bond Buyer.' Includes Smith Barney Inc.; PaineWebber Inc.; Lehman Brothers.
- Holding Older Bonds, Insurers Are Now a Derivatives Darling. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;09/01/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30967, p1
No abstract available.
- Municipal Prices Finish Mainly Firm. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;2/21/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31329, p2
Reports on the general obligation (GO) bonds won by the U.S. underwriters in competitive bidding. GOs won by the U.S. underwriting company Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc.; Yields at which serial bonds were reoffered; Persistence for the demand for bonds.
- Draw of inflation-linked bonds muted. Connolly, Jim // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;5/12/97, Vol. 101 Issue 19, p25
Reports that according to a spot sampling of insurers, inflation-linked bonds are not yet part of many insurers' general holdings. Companies which offer inflation-linked bonds; When the United States treasury first issued inflation indexed bonds; Why insurers have been slow to introduce the bonds.
- Bond insurers seen upping market share. // American Banker;8/20/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 160, p22
Cites a report from Standard & Poor's indicating that bond insurers are expected to increase their market share in 1997 with a corresponding increase in the volume of asset-back securities. Total asset-backed and mortgage-backed transactions made by bond insurers in 1996; Trend among bond...
- Why insurance companies like to sell bonds. Wootten, James // Accountancy;Apr1973, Vol. 83 Issue 956, p48
Discusses the reasons why insurance companies like to sell bonds. Insurance companies' ability to offset its expenses against its investment income for tax purposes; Comparison of the investment income offered by guaranteed growth bonds and equity bonds; Reason for the lack of interest in...
- Moody's: Big bond insurers may be moving into riskier areas. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;07/17/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30189, p6
Warns that big bond insurers may be moving into riskier areas, according to Moody's Investors Service. Risks in moving into international markets; Includes regulatory uncertainties; Currency fluctuation; Possibility of political problems.
- Insurers have banner year underwriting 50% of new issues. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;02/16/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30579, p40
Reports that 1998 was a banner year for insurers in the United States because of half of the municipal bond issues carried insurance. Bond issues underwritten by MBIA Insurance Corp.; Deals backed by Financial Security Assurance; Debt backed by Financial Guaranty Insurance Co.
- British issues. // Business Insurance;01/11/99, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p39
Provides information of bond issues of British insurance companies and brokers, as of January 8, 1999.