Bond Insurers: MBIA Nets $156 Million in Fourth Quarter, Up 15% Over 2000
- MBIA's Losses Overseas Diminish Net Income Increase. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;5/8/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31382, p5
Reports the increasing net income of bond insurer MBIA Inc. in New York. Adjustment of direct premiums in the global finance business; Growth of the domestic public finance; Consistency of the business activity.
- MBIA Announces a Net Loss of Less Than 1% in 2Q Profits. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;8/4/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31940, p5
Reports on a one percent decline in 2004 second-quarter profits posted by bond insurer MBIA Inc., the parent company of MBIA Insurance Corp. Smaller gains on derivative exposure compared to the previous year; Net income; Comments of chief financial officer Nicholas Ferreri during a conference call.
- MBIA Reports 1Q Income Figure Nearly Identical to Last Year's. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/27/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32617, p6
The article reports on the financial performance of MBIA Inc. for the first quarter of 2006 in the U.S. It earned $198.6 million in net income and new production from its municipal bond insurance was $62.7 million. Thomas Financial Services company said that MBIA was the third busiest bond...
- Report: Good Returns for Insurers Despite 3Q Dip in Muni Refundings. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;10/17/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30997, p7
Informs on Banc of America Securities analyst Robert Ryan's forecast on the third-quarter 2000 returns of bond insurers in the United States. Expected drop in municipal refundings; Earnings per share growth for insurers Ambac Financial Group Inc. and MBIA Inc.
- MBIA's Strong Earnings Driven by Expansion Overseas. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;8/3/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31195, p3
Reports on the financial performance of MBIA Inc. for the second quarter of 2001. Total par value on insured deals; Expansion of the company into non-United States markets.
- Mbia shows increase for fourth quarter. Heaton, Kenneth // Bond Buyer;02/04/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30572, p30
Reports on the growth of MBIA Inc.'s net income for the fourth quarter of 1998. Factors contributing to the income growth; Core diluted earnings; Performance of the company's municipal and financial services operations.
- MBIA reports earnings up. // Westchester County Business Journal;11/11/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 45, p2
Reports on the financial results of Armonk, New York-based MBIA Inc., the holding company for MBIA Insurance Corp., in the first nine months of 2002.
- Banks' Lawyer Says False Info Requires Overturning MBIA Split. Slavin, Robert // Bond Buyer;5/16/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33715, p5
The article reports on the argument of attorney Robert Guiffra Jr. regarding the invalidity of the split of bond insurer MBIA Inc.
- MBIA Announces 7% Drop in Net Income Last Quarter. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;5/5/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31877, p36
Reports on the decline in the net income of MBIA Inc. Earnings; Assessment of adjusted direct premiums; Domestic public finance.