Mutual Funds: Vanguard Dropping Insured Requirement for Some Funds
- Vanguard Introduces Actively Managed Fixed Income Fund. staff, PLANADVISER // Plan Advisor News;2015, p1
The article offers information on the Vanguard Core Bond Fund from Vanguard.
- Vanguard broadens scope of 5 ETFs: Fund Scan. Shilling, Andrew // Financial-planning.com;1/21/2017, p1
Effort by the asset management giant is aimed to capture more muni bonds. Plus: Other launches.
- Vanguard to Offer Low-Expense Shares. // American Banker;1/29/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 19, p8
Discloses the plan of the Vanguard Group to add a class of low-expense shares to 13 taxable and tax-exempt bond funds in February 2001. Range of the expense ratios for its new Admiral Shares; Ratios for the average taxable bond fund and average tax-exempt bond funds.
- SMSFs a growth opportunity for planners. Taylor, Damon // Money Management;7/26/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 28, p12
The article presents information on a report from Vanguard Group of Investment Cos. which shows that self-managed super funds (SMSFs) provides a significant growth opportunity for financial advisers, and informs that SMSFs has accounted for 19 percent of planners' funds under advice (FUA).
- Vanguard veers off course. Polyak, Ilana // Money;Dec2002, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p62
Evaluates Vanguard's bond index offerings. Offerings that include Short-Term Bond Index, Intermediate-Bond Index, and Total-Bond index; Discrepancy as a result of sampling; Fall in Vanguard's bond funds.
- Specialty-state credits' structure looks good to retail, managers say. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;09/02/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30470, p6
Focuses on insured municipal bond funds managed by Vanguard Group Inc. and Executive Investors Management Co. Purchase of credits from specialty states that appeal to retail investors; Assessment of the strategy by Lipper Analytical Services Inc.; Top five and bottom five funds ranked by total...
- Vanguard Group chairman blasts high-cost bond funds. Cintron, Ivan // Bond Buyer;03/20/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30355, p6
Focuses on the criticism by John Bogle, senior chairman of the Vanguard Group Inc. on the high costs of bond mutual funds in the United States at the Fixed-Income Analysts Society's meeting in March 1998 in New York. Comparison of the performance of high-quality long-term municipal bond funds...
- Mortgage-backed bonds deserve a good home. // Dow Theory Forecasts;5/19/2008, Vol. 64 Issue 20, p2
The article examines the performance of mortgage-backed securities in the U.S. The spread of mortgage-backed securities based on Fannie Mae has been at its widest level at around 2.4%, whereas government backed mortgage securities represent around 37% of the investment-grade bond market. It is...
- 18 Great Funds for 2007 and Beyond. Kinnel, Russel // Morningstar FundInvestor;Jan2007, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p1
The article offers information on funds that will make long-term investments. iShares S&P 500 Growth, iShares Russell 3000 and Vanguard Health Care ETF are the most undervalued exchange traded funds. Harbor Real Return is a new fund to access bonds whose principal values adjust based on changes...