David Becker to Leave SEC for Private Practice
- More Woes Ahead for The SEC? E.F. // Treasury & Risk Management;Mar2002, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p6
Reports the resignation of lawyer David Becker at the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) in the U.S. Response of SEC chairman Harvey Pitt to the scandal at Enron Corp.; Existence of budget constraints within SEC workers; Details on the management style of Pitt.
- SEC's Becker opts for private practice. Hobbs, Kathryn // Lawyer;02/11/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p13
Announces the resignation of David Becker as general counsel of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Career background of Becker.
- SEC names Becker general counsel. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;12/08/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30783, p36
Reports on the appointment of David Becker as deputy general counsel of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission.
- The Securities And Exchange Commission. // Congressional Digest;Mar1989, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p70
Presents excerpts from `The Work of the SEC' (Securities and Exchange Commission). Composition; Division of Corporation Finance; Division of Market Regulation; Division of Investment Management and Enforcement.
- Federal Securities And Merger Laws. // Congressional Digest;Mar1989, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p68
Presents excerpts from the US Securities and Exchange Commission's 1988 publication `The Work of the SEC.' Considers laws from 1933 to 1988 which regulate the securities market and corporate mergers.
- SEC proposal for abbreviated financial statements put on... // CPA Journal;Dec95, Vol. 65 Issue 12, p11
Reports on reactions to Securities and Exchange Commission's (SEC) proposal for abbreviated financial statements. Details of proposal; Examination of reactions; Background information on SEC; Views from officials.
- The SEC's Annual Report to Congress. Coffey, William J.; Illiano, Gary // CPA Journal;Dec95, Vol. 65 Issue 12, p42
Presents information on the 1994 annual report of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to Congress. Brief history on SEC; Contact points for SEC's 1994 Annual Report to Congress; Information on report. INSET: SEC proposed rules for use of abbreviated financial statements...
- Investing made easier. // Consumer Reports;Oct95, Vol. 60 Issue 10, p637
Features the short form prospectus approved by the US Securities and Exchange Commission. Content; Disadvantages; Companies using the short-form prospectus in tandem with the full-length version.
- SEC slates small business meeting. // Las Vegas Business Press;05/18/98, Vol. 15 Issue 20, p27
Reports that the US Securities and Exchange Commission will hold a small business town hall meeting on May 28, 1998, at the Moyer Student Union Ballroom at the Las Vegas, Nevada-based University of Nevada. Contact information.