Milwaukee Sick-Day Policy Costs $4.8M
- Government must allow private retirement system to restore itself. Domino Jr., Anthony J. // Westchester County Business Journal;7/31/95, Vol. 34 Issue 31, p19
Opinion. Comments on the need for government to allow the private retirement system in the United States to restore itself by eliminating the list of rules and regulations which complicate plan administration and communication. Need to raise government revenues without raising taxes; Major...
- Retirement planning. Hogarth, Jeanne // Human Ecology;Summer91, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p8
Shows the importance of savings and the need for better retirement policies and education by charting the effects of inflation for a large group of retirees in the United States. Asset portfolios of retired households; Saving and dissaving in retirement; Implications for policy and education.
- Beyond belief award. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);6/17/96, Vol. 43 Issue 25, p1
Criticizes New York State's lack of provisions for reducing payments to disability retirees who recover.
- What Washington's Up To. Kover, Amy; Kuhn, Susan E. // Fortune;8/19/1996, Vol. 134 Issue 4, p120
Presents a report on small victories for voters, in the United States' brewing retirement crisis. The power of the retirement vote on issues such as Medicare and working senior citizens; The minimum-wage bill; The Health Insurance Reform Act of 1996, sponsored by Senators Nancy Kassebaum...
- Equity investments ultimately benefits all state taxpayers. // South Carolina Business Journal;Jul98, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p9
Gives information on the benefits which citizens of South Carolina are receiving from the 1998 South Carolina Retirement System Investments Panel, Safeguards and Equity Securities Act of May 26. Establishment of the mechanism for providing jurisdiction over equity investments; Concerns of...
- New Australian pension system survives. Dunstan, Barrie // Pensions & Investments;3/18/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p16
Focuses on the impact which Australia's government, headed by John Howard, will have on the country's compulsory private retirement system. Promise of Howard during election's campaign; Rules under the Superannuation Guarantee Charge system; Fund administrators' complaints.
- Pennsylvania Municipal Picks Mercator. Willcox, Kathleen // Investment Management Weekly;06/18/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 25, p2
Reports on the move of Pennsylvania Municipal Retirement System to hire Mercator Asset Management to handle its international portfolio.
- Argentina approves a privatization option for social security. Campbell, G. Ricardo // Social Security Bulletin;Winter93, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p99
States the Argentine Senate approved in September 1993 a system of retirement options based on the concept of individual capitalization. Use of existing pay-as-you-go social security program as the program of social protection; Option open to all workers; Four components of the new retirement...
- Vermont to transfer municipal fund. Limbacher, Patricia B. // Pensions & Investments;1/20/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p8
Examines a plan by Vermont Republican state Senator Bill Doyle, to introduce legislation which would impact on the Vermont Municipal Employees' Retirement System. Reason for this proposal; Sum of money taken by the Legislature in fiscal years 1995 and 1996; Comments from State Treasurer and...