Ohio Governor Outlines Long-Term, Bond-Heavy Investment Plan
- Massachusetts Agency Weighs $350M. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;10/10/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32980, p4
The article reports on the willingness of the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA) to sell $350 million of new-money assessment bonds, once market conditions allow for the agency to issue long-term debt in Massachusetts. The agency is eager to sell the debt but has indicated its...
- Pain Now, Pleasure Later. Sloan, Allan // Fortune International (Asia);4/27/2009, Vol. 159 Issue 8, p16
The author urges the U.S. Department of Treasury to borrow as much money as it can by selling long-term Treasury securities to enable taxpayers to save much more money in the future. He argues that selling shorter-term securities may possibly cost taxpayers much more in the future. The author...
- Board Scraps Controversial Finance Plan for Seattle Monorail Project. Murphy, Gavin // Bond Buyer;7/5/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32166, p40
Reports on the rejection of the controversial finance plan for the Seattle Monorail Project by its governing board in Washington. Impact of the public criticism of the plan on the decision of the finance committee; Development of a plan that calls for the issuance of long-term debt; Approximate...
- Freddie Note Yield Hits 10-Year High. // American Banker;8/20/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 161, p13
The article discusses the selling of five-year reference note securities by U.S. federal home loan mortgage company Freddie Mac. The mortgage lender sold $3 billion worth of debt that matures in September, 2013, and which yields 113 basis points more than Treasuries of corresponding maturity....
- Colombia: Time To Talk Up TES? // Emerging Markets Monitor;3/26/2007, Vol. 12 Issue 48, p15
The article focuses on the local debt market in Colombia. Domestic debt is expected to last for a long time as a result of a good economic performance in 2006 as well as the government's aim for a sustained fiscal discipline while achieving a pro-market reform agenda. In January 2007, the TES...
- Bond Buyer Indexes Strengthen for Second Week. Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;2/12/2016, Vol. 1 Issue F354, p1
In the week ended Feb. 11, the weekly average yield to maturity of the Bond Buyer Municipal Bond Index fell four basis points to 4.01% from 4.05% in the previous week. The BB40 Index is based on the price of 40 long-term bonds.
- Asset-Backed Sales Down, MBS Up in 1Q. Jones, Dow // American Banker;5/15/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 92, p18
The article reports that U.S. bond issuance increased 2.9% during the first quarter of 2006, according to the Bond Market Association. Asset-backed bond issuance was down 13.4% over 2005; this was due to rising interest rates and lower volumes of home equity and auto loans. However,...
- Receiver: Harrisburg Schools' Long-Term Debt at $261M. BURTON, PAUL // Bond Buyer;2/25/2013, Vol. 383 Issue 33866, p3
The article discusses long-term bond debt related issues surrounding schools in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
- long-term debt. // ICSC Dictionary of Shopping Center Terms;2005, p84
A definition of the financial term "long-term debt," which refers to an obligation that will mature after a year upon issuance, is presented.