Daschle Withdraws His Stimulus Package
- Legislative status report. // Bond Buyer;09/02/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30221, p4
Presents updates on the status of notable legislative bills affecting the bond market in the United States, as of September 2, 1997. Includes repeal of the two percent de minimis exclusion; Stop Tax-Exempt Arena Debt Issuance Act; Higher Education Bond Parity Act of 1997.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;04/02/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31109, p8
Presents a chart on status of legislative bills of relevance to the United States bond market as of April 2, 2001. Legislation; Current law; Proposed law; Current status.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;10/20/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31743, p8
Outlines several legislative status related to the bond market in the U.S. Inclusions of the proposed tax-cut package; Specifications of the Municipal Debt Refinancing Act; Details of the Housing Bond and Credit Modernization and Fairness Act of 2003.
- Hearing scheduled for price transparency bill. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;03/03/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30590, p32
Announces the United States House Commerce Committee's slated hearing on a bill that is expected to focus on price transparency in the corporate bond market. Securities and Exchange Commission's (SEC) discretionary authority to issue rules governing price transparency in the municipal and...
- Easing Tax-Exempt Fears. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;9/23/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31725, p1
Reports on the clarification of the international corporate tax reform bill provisions in the U.S. Lack of negative impact on tax-exempt tender-option bonds; Amelioration of the Bond Market Association; Interpretation of the technical language.
- Securities Legislation: Three Tax-Exempt Bond Bills Introduced Recently in House. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;3/21/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31101, p4
Reports that lawmakers in the U.S. Congress have introduced several bills that would affect the tax-exempt bond market. Impact of the proposals on issues ranging from sports stadiums to veterans' mortgage bonds; Lack of cosponsors for the bill; Attention given by the Internal Revenue Service to...
- Economic Stimulus Bill Delayed by Partisanship in the Senate. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;10/31/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31255, p1
Reports on delay in economic stimulus bill by partisanship in the U.S. Senate. Provisions of the bill; Reasons for partisanship over the bill; Efforts of the Council of Development Finance Agencies in promoting the inclusion of provision that will boost the bond market.
- Colorado Pay-to-Play Rule Wins Preliminary Approval in Senate. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/3/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31875, p7
Reports on the approval of a bill that would cut down on pay-to-play in the bond market by the Colorado Senate. Encouragement for issuers to sell the debt issues of bond market professionals; Opposition of bond firms, school organizations, and other groups on the measure; Amendment in some...
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;9/19/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32220, p29
Presents a chart depicting the bond buyer legislative status report in the U.S.