ILLINOIS: Forest District Doings
- Looking to Make CFO Permanent, D.C. Leaders Stump on Hill. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/12/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31179, p10
Reports the legislation on the permanency of the district chief financial officer (CFO) position in Washington, D.C. Impact of the authority of CFO on credit ratings; Details of the proposed Independence of the CFO Establishment Act of 2001; Effectivity of the proposed resolution.
- D. C.'s Gandhi Calls for $4.6B Debt. Cap to Keep Ratings Strong. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/16/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32280, p6
The article focuses on the views of District of Columbia's chief financial officer Natwar M. Gandhi, on how to protect the district's increasingly strong credit rating. According to Gandhi, he district should impose a cap on total debt issuance of about $4.6 billion. Gandhi said that the...
- Home Depot Says Defaults Are Rising. // American Banker;6/6/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 109, p7
The article reports that Home Depot Inc. has announced that holders of the company's private-label credit card are defaulting more and paying later. Commentary is provided by Carol Tome, chief financial officer of Home Depot. Topics include the average active FICO score and the quality of the...
- Pensions Drive Moody's Downgrade of Cook County Forest District. Devitt, Caitlin // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;9/5/2013, p1
The article discusses the rating of credit rating company Moody's Investors Service on Cook County Forest Preserve in Illinois as of September 2013. Moody's reportedly downgraded Cook County from A1 to A2 due to the district's pension problems amounting to 101 million dollars as of the end of...
- ILLINOIS: Forest Preserve Gets a Push. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/13/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32621, p9
The article reports on the ratings given by Standard & Poor's Corp. to Kendall County Forest Preserve District in Illinois. The agency upgraded the ratings of the Forest Preserve agency from A-plus to AA-minus due to the substantial tax base growth of the district, participation in the diverse...
- Authentic Expression. Cashman, Kevin; Walsh, Paul // Executive Excellence;Jun2000, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p5
Comments on the importance of encouraging self-expression among chief executive officers. Role of expression in sustaining administrative effectiveness and authenticity; Value of expression in honing leadership skills and qualities.
- Are CFOs Ready For Prime Time? O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/27/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 41, p28
Focuses on the readiness of chief financial officers to regulations in the U.S. Results of a survey conducted by CFO Research Services and Cap Gemini Ernst & Young.
- CORRECTION. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jul/Aug2008 Supplement, p4
A correction is presented to a graphic that appeared on page 22 of the May/June, 2008 issue.
- CFOs bullish on expansion, but worry about tax increases. // Corporate Board;Jul/Aug93, Vol. 14 Issue 81, p28
Reports on the corporate chief financial officers' (CFO) optimism on expansion opportunities for 1993. Concerns over the effect of tax increases; Percentage of companies with expansion plans; Percentage of companies cautious about expansions; Concern over corporate tax policy; Other threats to...