ILLINOIS: State's Outlook Dims
- Budget-less state takes rating hit. Strempel, Dan // Fairfield County Business Journal;7/14/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 28, p1
Focuses on the impact of the absence of the state budget on Connecticut's borrowing costs. Bond rating of the Moody's Investors Service; Debt of Connecticut; Decline of Connecticut's tax revenue.
- Brief: Pension funding has little effect on bond ratings. // American City & County Exclusive Insight;2/18/2011, p3
The article focuses on the issue brief reported by Washington-based Center for State and Local Government Excellence which shows that pension funding has little effect on bond ratings. It says that pension fund can have a great impact to the ratings of bond issue when pension costs increase as a...
- Betterign Economy Eases State Budget Woes For Now. Darmiento, Laurence // Orange County Business Journal;9/20/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 38, p6
Reports that an improvement in California's economy has eased the state's budget problems. Move by two Wall Street ratings agencies to raise the state's bond ratings; Total revenue that the state has raised since the start of the fiscal year on July 1, 2004; Forecast for the entire 2004 fiscal year.
- Woebegone Illinois Sells. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/31/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33291, p1
The article reports that Illinois received negative result on credit ratings followed by 1.3 billion dollars general obligation (GO) bonds offer to investors. Chris Ryon, managing director at Thornburg Investment Management, states that Standard & Poor's Corp. offered SP-1 rating and Fitch...
- S&P Gives California More Bad News; Schwarzenegger Foresees 'Armageddon'. // Bond Buyer;12/12/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33022, p22
The article reports on the prediction of California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger and the ratings offered by Standard & Poor's Corp. on the state's economy. The budget deficit is expected to near $25 billion in 2009 while State Controller John Chiang warned that by March the state could have more...
- Stalemate Ends as Wolf Signs Pennsylvania Budget. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;7/15/2016, Vol. 1 Issue F375, p1
Gov. Tom Wolf signed a $31.5 billion budget after lawmakers filled a $1.3 billion gap through a patchwork of tax hikes and revenue assumptions.
- N.Y'S $230M Sale Postponed; S&P Withdraws Deal Rating. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;4/14/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32856, p27
The article reports that a $230 million personal income tax bond sale will be postponed due to a delay in the New York state budget. The delay led Standard & Poor's Corp. to withdraw its rating on the bonds that the New York State Housing Finance Agency still plans to sell. The approval of the...
- Boston to Sell $200 Million in GOs and Bans. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;2/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31568, p4
Focuses on the proposed sale of multi-million dollar bonds and bond anticipation notes by Boston, Massachusetts. Electronic bidding system on which the bonds and notes are being priced; Components that make up the deal; Bond ratings by various rating agencies.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;9/25/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31727, p2
Reports developments related to the bond market in the U.S. as of September 2003. Marketing of general obligation bonds; Improvement of the bond rating of Catholic Healthcare West; Decline of the bond rating of the Massachusetts Health and Educational Facilities Authority.