Debt Reform in N.Y. Faces More Legislative Roadblocks
- Electoral reform bill shelved until next session. Santana, Mario // Caribbean Business;11/18/2010, Vol. 38 Issue 45, p46
The article discusses several legislative bills which include House Bill 2959, House Bill 2961, and Senate Bill 1895 in Puerto Rico. It talks about the House and Senate bills involving electoral reform and bills that authorize Heath Insurance Administration (ASES by its Spanish acronym) and...
- Power Bonds Threaten to Overwhelm Other Calif. Debt Proposals. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;06/13/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31159, p37
Reports the impact of the revenue bond deal on other debt proposals in San Francisco, California. Chances of school facilities debt proposal for enactment; Details on pending bills; Attitude of legislators toward bond bills.
- The time for public option has now come. Woolsey, Lynn // Hill;7/14/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 81, p30
The article reports on a proposed robust public option bill that was passed by two House committees and focuses on decreasing deficit and saving the U.S. government 110 billion dollars.
- FDCPA. Goch, David // Commercial Law Bulletin;Nov/Dec99, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p29
Focuses on the legislation of the FDCPA bill in the United States Congress. Language contained in Section 625 of the bill; Elimination of bad checks from the definition of debts; Contents of the H.R. 2544 bill derived from the FDCPA bill.
- VIRGINIA: More Bond Disclosure Eyed. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;2/4/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33261, p7
The article reports that the Virginia General Assembly considers legislation introduced in the House of Delegates on disclosure from local issuers on the issued bonds, in which it also considers authorization of 4 billion dollar on general obligation bonds for transportation projects.
- Senate Vote Descriptions. // New American (08856540);7/5/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 14, p29
The article offers information on the various legislations passed and amended by the U.S. Senate. It says that the House Joint Resolution 45 (H. J. Res, 45) legislation aims to increase the national debt ceiling by 1.9 trillion dollars to 14.29 trillion dollars. It mentions that the Senate...
- Change to bill would scrap 7% payment on muni debt. // Hungary A.M.;06/27/2013, p5
The article reports that Hungarian National Economy Minister MihÃ¡ly Varga has proposed a change to a bill that would scrap a planned 7% payment on municipal debt.
- Florida: Legislature Passes Sweeping Growth Management Reforms. // GPP eNews;5/20/2011, p3
No abstract available.
- Pension Reform A Positive Step. // Latin America Monitor: Brazil Monitor;May2012, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p5
The article discusses how the approval of the Brazilian Senate of a pension reform bill in March 2012 becomes a significant step toward fiscal consolidation.